Can't install it on XP

Krieg_91

I've read tons of this around about how to install and run this game on windows XP and still nothing works. I've tried executing the autorun.exe normally and on all compatibility modes available and it asks to insert CD1

I tried to run the setup.exe thing also normally and on all compatibility modes available and still asks to insert CD1.

I've tried this: http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=15360.0  Also normally and on all compatibility modes available and still asks to insert CD1.

Help please... ??? ??? ???

>Stupid question: You are using the Install Disc, as opposed to the Atreides, Harkonnen or Ordos discs?  It should be the >yellow one.  I know you probably are, but it never hurts to make sure.

Yes it's the right install disk

>Also, is your copy of Emperor legitimate?

Yup

I insert the CD1 but no matter what I do to try to install the game requires that I insert the CD1 to install and with the XP install fix it's the same.

I've also tried to copy the whole CD to the desktop and execute the setup.exe on the setup directory and it seems to execute but it black the screen ans exit right after. If I try that with the XP fix it says the setup.exe program find an error and closes ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Start again from scratch make sure you uninstall everything.

Shut down all no essential programs including firewalls spyware etc.

Now reinstall the game and apply the patch 1.9

The game should then work fine, although with mine i still have a slight bug that i haven't resolved. which is 1st time  i go to start the game it is non responsive, so i close it with task manager and restart the game the 2nd time it always works with no problem.

>Start again from scratch make sure you uninstall everything.

The game doesn't install, as I've said before, and I've tried everything I found on the forums. :-

I guess It's a problem with the CD and I would love to buy the CDs again but I've never seen it on stores and I can't buy online