Do you visit the main news page of FED2k?

Edric O

Well, do you?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Well, do you?

• Yes, every time I log on to the forums
    • Yes, occasionally
    • No, I just read the news on the forums
    • No, I log straight into the forums and don't read the news

*Poll sponsored by Dunenewt.*

Basically, we are wondering if forum posters read the news on the main site or just come straight here to post. Option 1 is for people who go through the main site to get here; option 2 is for people who sometimes remember to look at the main site; option 3 is for those who only read the news in the News Forum, and option 4 is for those who don't read the news at all.

Please vote, in the name of science!

I occasionally do visit the website, although my bookmark is the forums, so I voted I go straight to the forums. I read the news on fed2knews messageboard.

Back in the day I went to the website first to read news, then to the forum. But over the past several years there is no new news on main website so I changed it to go to the forums.

Sorry, I feel the poll is a bit skewed. Members, who are allowed to vote, will see the message board more often than the front page, meaning that they are likely to see the new posts in FED2k News first. The anonymous visitor is more likely to see the site itself, and the news presented there, and they can't vote!

Sorry, I feel the poll is a bit skewed. Members, who are allowed to vote, will see the message board more often than the front page, meaning that they are likely to see the new posts in FED2k News first. The anonymous visitor is more likely to see the site itself, and the news presented there, and they can't vote!

This is a good point. It does depend on what you're measuring though. The results would be fairly predictable, nonetheless.

The forum page is my homepage, so that explains everything.

Which may have been accurate a few years ago, but after the two previous years of, what, two news posts the anonymous visitor who just checks the main page probably no longer exists.  Hopefully we'll start gaining new ones now that new articles are going up on the news page with some regularity again.

I went regularly when items were regular and almost stopped when they almost stopped. Trouble is their "advertisement", but I don't know what people would think of a signal telling there's an unread/new item. Any advert is an annoyance if there's no news to back it up :P

Of known possibilities, "FED2k News" RSS seems ideal. Other stuff looks like "New/unread news" icon to the right of "FED2k" up here (??), receiving mail/PM when a news post comes - dunno if anyone apprciates these "ads".