House Ordos

katz

I had this problem, once, when I played Dune 2 on my trusty old Amiga 1200. I've now had it with my PC. When playing as House Ordos I destroy all the buildings and vehicles, but the level won't finish. There are no buildings that have been captured, so what the F is going on? I've only ever had this when playingas Ordos. I don't know for certain what level it is, but I think it's the first or second level where you get Deviators. Have any of you clever types got anyu ideas? Ta!

Thanks, Stil. Has anyone else suffered from this problem? It's bloody annoying, to spend a couple of hours on a game, finish it and be stuck doing nothing waiting for the next scenario. Anyone got any ideas on how this trigger might be activated? If you want me to send you a copy of the saved game to ponder over, let me know!

This has happened to me before but figured it out in a couple of minutes.

Some of the vehicles/troops you captured with the deviator, although may be on your side, the cpu thinks it's still on the enemy side but you control it.

Move the selected unit(s) to a far place and eventually the unit will revert to it's original side, then kill/destroy it and hey presto your done!

Though it should still end once all the buildings are destroyed.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Tryggve

It is quite evident that the makers of dune 2 were pretty stoned when they made the game. High on weed and stuff.

1. They made 6 factions. Of which only 5 are used. And Fremen aren't exactly overused in the game. They only appear as troopers.

2. some maps had buildings outside the visible area. (this could've happened to you)

3. They decided it'd fit in to give Atreides troopers as reinforcements, although Atreides despise troopers.