Repair yard

katz

I'm not a guest, I'm a member...what WAS my sign-in code, though...? Any way, If you ensure that your repair yard is totally surrounded by buildings and you have a carry-all, or three, any damaged vehicles will be carried to the repair yard and replaced in their original positions by the carry-alls! Saves watching for the damaged vehicles and mucking-about getting them rapaired and back into battle, dunnit? Am I the only one to drag-out Dune 2 for an occasional game, nowadays?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Someguy

Yeah, I think that works and it saves alot of time too. But I thought if you surrounded the repair yard with buildings and no carry alls were available the unit would start shooting its way out (Through your own buildings and what ever else is in it's way). Surround it with something cheap like walls and maybe a gap between that and the adjoining structures, that way if this happens, your construction yard or other vital structures arn't going to wiped out.

I still play dune, although it has been a while. I seem to like the older games rather than the newer ones. But that's just me.

I DID say that you needed a carry-all... ;o) The trouble with modern games, is that the graphics, etc. seem to get amazingly better, but there doesn't seem to be that undfinable quality...GAMEPLAY. I would much rather that Dune 2000 had been identical to Dune 2, but with improved graphics. But then, I'm just an old git...

• 22 years later...
On 4/2/2001 at 7:24 PM, Guest Someguy said:

Yeah, I think that works and it saves alot of time too. But I thought if you surrounded the repair yard with buildings and no carry alls were available the unit would start shooting its way out (Through your own buildings and what ever else is in it's way). Surround it with something cheap like walls and maybe a gap between that and the adjoining structures, that way if this happens, your construction yard or other vital structures arn't going to wiped out.

I still play dune, although it has been a while. I seem to like the older games rather than the newer ones. But that's just me.

Only 22 years late lol. But yeah, it'll start shooting its way out, so I surround it by buildings and one troop so as long as I'm watching, if my carryalls are busy I can move the troop and let it out.

On 4/4/2001 at 9:35 AM, katz said:

I DID say that you needed a carry-all... ;o) The trouble with modern games, is that the graphics, etc. seem to get amazingly better, but there doesn't seem to be that undfinable quality...GAMEPLAY. I would much rather that Dune 2000 had been identical to Dune 2, but with improved graphics. But then, I'm just an old git...

Yeah, call me crazy but honestly I prefer the graphics of older games, and your'e right about the strategy