Phobias

Dunenewt

Be honest, what are you lot afraid of?  One of my phobias is wasps, and a queen wasp about an inch long just flew into my room.  Luckily, a few seconds later a magazine also flew across the room, and the two collided, and the wasp was no more.

when I was little I was terrified of spiders. 

Now, it's answering my cell phone or checking my e-mail.

Also, since I was 13 I have pondered perhaps 1000 different variations of how death by bow and arrow could happen to me.  I wouldn't call that a fear though, just illogical thought cycle.

Ah that film was brilliant!#

For me it's wasps and syringes. Although the pretty much extends to any metal objects cutting my sensitive bits. I don't even like my watch rubbing against my wrist.

I thought newts are amphibians?

All in the family I guess. Just that I don't remember seeing many amphibians in my life to remember a phobia. I do freak out a bit when I see a picture of a lizard, but nothing when I see spiders and the like. Hmm...

Don't like spiders, but have no qualms about being in the same room as one.  If it doesn't bother me, I won't bother it.  I figure that they know when they've been spotted, and the smart ones get the hell out of there when it's next dark.

HATE wasps.  And bees.  Don't believe the whole "bees won't sting you unless you provoke them" thing - all lies.  Wasps are malicious, but bees cling to you.  They grip your arm, leg, foot; whatever, and they do not let go.  They wait for about 5 terrible seconds before stinging you.  Hate them.

On a side-note, I think what you refer to as the BCG is what we called our TB Immunisation.  Big mark on my upper left arm.  Mine also got infected a bit.  Ended up scooping out a whole load of goop with a plastic ruler. :P  Ah, I miss school.

I'm afraid of spiders enough to scream like a girl if one fell on me, but not afraid enough to smash it with the nearest blunt object. Arachnicide is necessary in all situations. (and yes, Arachnophobia was a terribly awesome movie)

Wasps definitely. I will run like a b*tch if a wasp comes near me. I've never been stung and I don't plan on being stung in the future. I'd say wasps are the Universal Soldier of the insects. *shudder*

what scars me the most is illness, at my age (38) illnesses tend to

attack men in high frequency , blood pressre,overweight,depression,

bones, u name it, tons of stuff will start alerting you and telling

you every new day that you are one day closer to death,

i may be not so afraid of death as much as i am afraid of the

disease that will cause it ,

and i fear it 24/7 as i see it happening to me and to the people

i love. i cry in grief and i hurt with my own pains .

and i know haw useless my prayers are.. i dont even know what i want.

i mean we cant live for ever anyway.. i get so lost thinking of

what i am, and i feel haw strange to be a human been ...

and i aint scared of no spiders you little spoiled boys.. lol

Speaking of spiders, I usually think spiders are useful creatures, and therefore am afraid of accidentally killing one if I encounter it. Of course, there's a certain instinctive sense of disgust, but I usually admire spiders and some insects. Wasps and bees not included, though :P

Also, I often have an illogical fear of accidentally hurting someone, or at least causing much discomfort, although there's not even a remore probablity for suchlike things to happen. Must be some guilt complex of sorts.

Speaking of spiders, I usually think spiders are useful creatures, and therefore am afraid of accidentally killing one if I encounter it. Of course, there's a certain instinctive sense of disgust, but I usually admire spiders and some insects. Wasps and bees not included, though :P

Also, I often have an illogical fear of accidentally hurting someone, or at least causing much discomfort, although there's not even a remore probablity for suchlike things to happen. Must be some guilt complex of sorts.

True, spiders do help balance the number of insects in the world. I just wish they'd look more cuddly and less like death stalking you from behind.

Using phobia in the technical sense, that is the kind of things that manifest as anything from completely irrational panic attacks to full-blown, hyperventilating, screaming, crapping terror, I don't have any.

In the colloquial sense, I do have reasonably powerful acrophobia.

Google it.

Oooh syringes, I hate them, especially when it was time to have the immunisation jabs.

I can't remember why, a doctor or something used a syringe on me and I wasn't scared at all, it's not scary in anyway, I mean, after all, it is a syringe (usually) injecting some sort of vaccine or medicine into you.

Reptiles, particularly lizards. Also no idea why, though I remember a house lizard running over my foot when I was a little kid. It freaked the hell out of me.

What else? A call on my handphone during office hours.

Lizards are so cute! I even held one in my hand.

I'm arachnaphobic, I'm really scared of them.