THE LURE

alchemi2

Now i don't know what it is BUT whenever i'm drunk i find myself playing this game!

Can't see why but it's weird how i get drawn back to this time and time again.

So what is the LURE of Emperor for you, why do you keep coming back to play an old game like this?

because of it can be still the best game...i love.... i am pleasure that i can find new options and new ideas surely new dreamsss... i love ... i hope i will hope that i love emperor battle for dune............

I never play Emperor on my own anymore, simply because the campaign isn't much fun once you've done it a few times.  That, and playing online against those who still play Emperor would be humiliating - nowhere near good enough to play against those who are much more experienced than I am.

The only time I play Emperor is when I'm at a friend's house, where there's two or three of us, and we can muck about on the LAN.  We play custom maps, usually against as many AI as the map allows, and create huge armies to wipe them out.  More often than not it leads to much hilarity.  One of my friends in particular likes to spam specific units; his favourite is Atreides Mino's, marching something in the region of 50 or 60 of them when it comes time to kill the AI.  He's been known to use Harkonnen Weapons Platforms and Ordos Laser Tanks, though.

I tend to make huge bases and spend thousands of solaris on defences.  Dante (the third player) seems to prefer something called "strategy", using units in the way they were intended to be used.  Stealth, hit and run, mixed units... all together, we make a passable team.  Emperor is easy to install, play and connect to.  Doesn't take up much space on the old hard drive, either.

So yeah - the LURE for me is friends. :)

Now i remember why i don't play this sober, wankers like Youko.

hey man that was cruel to say

but honestly it is true.

Generally I find this game just FUN to play but maybe that's just that i always reasonably merry when playing on line.

For me it was my first online game I ever played. Was back when we got our first computer in the house. I am one of those types of people that if I find something I like, I stick with it. I'm not always looking for the next great thing. I have always had fun here and for the most part have enjoyed the company we keep here. I see no reason to stop playing and will continue to play as long as there are others still here.

For me it was my first online game I ever played.

Same here. Well, the first online game I ever *cough* purchased *cough*I should say. Kept playing it alot due to the nice community it had. The lure for me was trying to learn and play it better I guess.

After tonight i realise that the main reason i keep coming back is not only the drink thing but the wonderful group of folks out there like Desertway, Doom, Miles, Pearlman, Newlords, too name but a few who make this game not only fun but great.  ;D

After tonight i realise that the main reason i keep coming back is not only the drink thing but the wonderful group of folks out there like Desertway, Doom, Miles, Pearlman, Newlords, too name but a few who make this game not only fun but great.  ;D

doom? he left 3 years ago

After tonight i realise that the main reason i keep coming back is not only the drink thing but the wonderful group of folks out there like Desertway, Doom, Miles, Pearlman, Newlords, too name but a few who make this game not only fun but great.

thank you for not keeping me o mind.

he mentioned every one who i have keep in here, :- :- :- :- but me the keeper. :'( :'( ;D

Ok here's my LURE to emp.

Its by far the most brutal and fast paced rts ever, it never tires to march my atr wall across the sands towards the enemy base hehe

It also was the first rts I started playing regularly online (lol regular it was more like 24/7) 

And now I got my own kickass beast of a comp again I just play it coz I can lol

And ofcourse old friends who I haven't played with for a long time, dont need to mention any names everybody knows whats what

With ofcourse thanx to elsi who helped me out get started. I always give props to who deserve it.

uKKo hasnt changed a single bit he annoying as ever. But what can u do..

And to spicy : I know ur in Egypt, wich differs only 1 hour with my timezone. So, stop spamming threads and get on msn sometimes if u want some games.  ;D

You know Alchemi, this game is by far the best strategy game ever made in this manner and for its time. Every time I play it I can see how much I could learn more and how little I knew even though I think I've mastered the game. It really is an amazing game!!!! ;D

• 2 weeks later...