Euro 2008

Dunenewt

Well with England not in it, I'm not sure who I'll be supporting, although I can safely say it wont be Portugal!  Who will win it though? I'm really not sure, although it would be interesting if there was another shock like there was last time with Greece winning it.

Group A: Czech Republic

• 2 months later...

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! Dutch beat the Frenchmen 4-1. What a magnificent game. We're already number one on the poule. Too bad Germany lost yesterday but I guess/hope that they'll beat Austria and still make it.

A great example of why there should be instant replay to determine calls instead of relying on what the referee did/did not see is the  Dutch and French game.  There was one play where clearly a Dutch player hit the ball with his hand in order to thwart off a most assured goal from the French, but no penalty assigned.  There was also another play where it looked like the French had actually made a goal after the Dutch goalie stopped only after the ball after it appeared to have passed the goal threshold... but no free kick...what the

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! Dutch beat the Frenchmen 4-1. What a magnificent game. We're already number one on the poule. Too bad Germany lost yesterday but I guess/hope that they'll beat Austria and still make it.

Woah woah you can't just swan in after so much inactivity, how you been mate?

Well I haven't seen the match yet but can't wait for the highlights, sounds good. I think croatia and holland will make the final, despite my german support. ;)

The Romania-Italy match was really intense, and we came really close to winning, but 1-1 against the world champions isn't bad, eh?

The points situation in the "Group of Death" is now as follows:

Netherlands 6

Romania 2

France 1

Italy 1

Now, whoever loses the France-Italy game is finished and will have to go home. A tie would be risky and potentially fatal for both of them.

Personally, I'm hoping for a tie between France and Italy and another tie between Romania and the Netherlands. The Dutch already know they're going on to the quarter finals, they should relax, take a break, have fun, and not worry too much... ;)

Woah woah you can't just swan in after so much inactivity, how you been mate?

Well I haven't seen the match yet but can't wait for the highlights, sounds good. I think croatia and holland will make the final, despite my german support. ;)

Haha yeah you're right. I just came in running and screaming but it was kind of justified ;). But yeah, I'm quite well actually. Recently hopped back into Dune and with that, also checked out Dune2k again. How are you?

But yeah, Croatia has a good chance of coming far. The quarter finals will already be exciting I think. I'm hoping Germany will come far as well. (as opposed to pretty much every other Dutch soccer fan :-P). But we'll see who wins. At least the Netherlands have a good chance of winning this time!

I really hope Romania wins tonight. Not because I don't like the netherlands but I'd really like to see France and Italy going back home  ;D

Germany plays really bad this time... I think they won't beat Portugal like they did 2 years ago - although I hope they do.

If Portugal wins I think the finals will be Portugal vs. Netherlands.

Can someone please tell me which bad acting school the football players in Euro 2008 attended because wherever it is, i would like to stick a match to it?  They are the most delicate, fragile little women I have ever seen play in professional sports!!!  Why does everybody have to grab their ankle, mind you, they were hit in the arm by the opposing player...yet it's that darn ankle that keeps being grabbed, and the same ankle on the same leg each time....I mean give me a break.  I thought I was watching a bunch of wussies playing instead of grown, behind men!!!  Arrghh!!!

What a shame for Sweden in their match against Spain - a goal sneaked in by Spain at the last moment. They whipped Greece's butt, though - but I suppose everybody is. Well, we'll see how it goes for them against Russia - if they draw or win, they're through.

Update: It seems Sweden lost 2-0. Pity.