The "I hate weather" thread.

Andrew

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

My parents birth place  ,Madeira, has just been destroyed by bad weather .

The latest is 40 people dead ,200 missing , 1 billion euros damage

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn, it's nice out today!  I've spent the entire morning outside.  Assembled a wheelbarrow, picked rocks, dug up and replaced the old unstable fence post my hammock hangs on (hence the need for a wheelbarrow and rocks)....  Now, all I need is for my boomerangs to arrive.

Damn, it's nice out today!  I've spent the entire morning outside.  Assembled a wheelbarrow, picked rocks, dug up and replaced the old unstable fence post my hammock hangs on (hence the need for a wheelbarrow and rocks)....  Now, all I need is for my boomerangs to arrive.

We're getting your nice weather on Saturday+Sunday. Sunny and +15 Celcius. Gonna have a lot of outdoor work to do. Hopefully the mice come out and the barn cats eat them all. Last years kittens have already been getting mice every couple days that I've seen past couple weeks. They were taught well.

• 3 weeks later...

Gah.  The temp's been in the high teens/early 20's for weeks now.  I even planted myself the start of a mini orchard on Sunday (pic included).  What do I find when I wake up this morning?  Snow!  Lots and lots of Snow!

post-43-12833240067075_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Actually almost had two days of sunshine last Friday and Saturday. Cloudy and drizzly before and since.

It's been pissing down all day today, though, and it's not even rainy season yet. :(

Sometimes I really hate this country.

• 5 weeks later...

Not quite what I would term a meteorological phenomenon, but then rules change in the Reaches, eh? ;)

Rainy season started over here last Monday. And it's only rained maybe three or four days since. Looks like it's going to be a kara-tsuyu or "empty rainy season", with little rain.

It's been so long since this has happened that when I used the phrase while talking to some of my students between classes the other day, they looked at me funny and claimed they'd never heard it before.

I'm not complaining about there being no rain, mind you. I'm just afraid that once the rainy season is declared over, the weather will go back to the crapulent state that seems to be the new norm.

• 2 weeks later...

28 Celsius tomorrow. >:(

28 Celsius Thursday >:( feels like 37 Celsius.

TOO HOT!

We don't have air conditioning in this area!

Time to move to Iqaluit, Nunavut, as it will only be 18 Celsius tomorrow.

Supposed to be real hot until Sunday :(

EDIT:

29 Celsius on Friday. feels like 36 Celsius. ARGH!!!!

• 1 month later...