The "I hate weather" thread.

Andrew

Think we had 8 days without rain in the entire month of July.  Which is ok by me, since I've been working two jobs again since May.  As long as it is nice for the fall when I get to enjoy my new home int he country....

Good news: No rain for 1.5 weeks at least

Bad news: HEAAAAAT. Farking 29 Celsius today, above 30 with humidity. tomorrow 31 Celsius before humidity. Luckily it does cool off at 6PM. So it is only really hot between 1PM and 5PM. We luckily have a breeze and tomorrow wind supposed to get 20km/h and 40km/h gusts.

28 today(33 humidity), 30 tomorrow, 30 Wednesday. :(

EDIT:

ughh. guy on radio said with humidity is feels like 38 celcius.

How do Americans go outside with it like this in the summer? I presume it is much hotter down there (eastern seaboard) than here right now. I know your houses/work all have air conditioning (instead of heaters like in Canada), but walking outside for any amount of time sucks. Guess it is opposite of Canadian -40 celcius winters.

EDIT:

ugh, humidex of 40 tomorrow.

when I was at the decibel outdoor festival in hilvarenbeek last weekend it was so unbelievably hot in the sun. I didn't even try to dance at the mainstage until the the sun was gone and had to stick to the "floors" that were in big tents or did spent some shadow otherwise. I wanted to jump into the lake so badly but I didn't have any clothes to change or a towel with me. next year I'll bring one for sure.

yesterday we had an incredibly hot day and although there was a thunder storm with some rain later that evening it only got a little bit cooler at night. I really hat those extremes... either it's way too cold or way too hot. It seems there's no longer such thing as spring and fall in this area with warm but not too hot temperatures.  :(

Crap. Hurricane really is most likely going to hit.

They say even if it doesn't hit directly we will be getting >100mm of rain. That is what we normally get in a month or two. If you look back in this thread we got leftover of one hurricane last fall which gave 90mm of rain, and did water damage. Lots of construction going on so probably lots of washouts. Now saying 150mm of rain in worst areas. That is 3 months of rain in 24 hours.

There has never been a Category 3 hurricane make landfall in Atlantic Canada. Category 2 has only hit 7 times in 50 years.

With leaves on trees they will all get knocked down.

Gonna have to start eating frozen food before power goes out. If it is supposed to be bad probably some panicking tomorrow by people. Currently direct path for Eastern Seaboard of N.S. and Halifax (largest city in Atlantic Canada).

http://www.stormpulse.com/

and enable forecast models.

Hurricane bill is about to hit.

Getting rain, no wind currently. It is part of outer arm of storm. Quite a bit of rain as according to radar didn't like it would last this long (probably 20-30mm in past 30min). My area has no warnings at all. But I'll still be getting 40mm of rain and 70km/h winds.

Rain stopped for 5 min, now getting buckets of rain for 2 minutes. Not much showing on RADAR though. weird. Ha, stopped raining for a couple minutes, then a couple minutes of heavy rain.

EDIT:

Doesn't look like I'll get much more rain (probably scattered showers). a bit of wind. Cape Breton is screwed with heavy rains and wind.

Hurray, tropical storm danny is gonna hit here Sunday. Most likely worse than hurricane bill for me as the forecast is a direct hit, So we'll get faster wind speeds on right hand side of storm. Too early to tell exactly what will happen.

Just about 16 hours ago gryphon seated himself in a Audi Sport (that doesn't handle climate controle as well as you would expect it to) with just over 40 degrees and a perfect blue sky. when I got out I was both sick from listening to Radio Regenbogen for over 500km, and the local weather of 10 degrees and rain. This is bound to give me a headache for the rest of the weekend :P

One location is reporting 69mm of rain. And that is for yesterday. It rained for about 4 hours after midnight, so maybe add another 20mm or so. One person recorded 110mm.

Danny is gone now, currently hitting Newfoundland.

EDIT:

Yep, 38.4mm yesterday. So 107mm in less than 24 hour period.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The summer over here sucked. ALL summer. The rainy season came in June and never left. (It's supposed to end in mid-July or so.)

Then I was back in Ohio for most of September and it was fantastic! It only rained maybe four or five days the whole time I was there. (Of course they had too much rain and flooding down south, in Georgia and all.)

Then I get back over here and ... it was cloudy and rainy again. Until a typhoon roared through around the 8th and cleared things up.

We've had the <i>aki-bare</i> "autumn clear" since, for the most part since. :)

Here in Athens today it was the first really cold day of the season. It was raining a few days ago but the weather wasn't very cold, today it was sunny but the temperature was fairly lower.

From today I will have to dress up heavily and this probably means I will have to wake up earlier  :-  ;D