Another Dune Browser Game

pascal89

I wouldn't know, gunner154. There is a English Portal, but I haven't found a register option there yet. Perhaps after you register you can select your language.

I think they got alot of text from official game descriptions and the likes. Also they used English words with Dutch grammar. "Harvesteren" is an example of the English word converted to a Dutch verb (which should mean "to harvest"). As Dutchman, I apologize to the English speaking for this butchering of the English language. ;)

Speaking of Europeans indeed. English inherited alot of words from other languages (e.g. French), so I'll have to agree with you on that.

Isn't that what you Europeans do anyway?  Steal our words and twist them to sound like
your own?

Apartheid is a dutch word btw.

Its an Afrikaans word, because that's what lots of people speak in South Africa.

German is awful for including English words, e.g. der Come-back.

Anyway, Pascal, is this your game?  If so, is it easy to play?  Or rather, how do you play?

• 3 weeks later...

It's my game, actually.

We haven't ripped anything from any English source, lol. We created the game entirely ourselves.

The only thing that isn't ours are the Dune images.

Soon (within a couple of months) we'll translate it to English as well (www.dun3.com)

I'll keep you posted.

Comments are welcome.

P.S. You can register by clicking one of the house images on the main page (Atreides, Ordos or Harkonnen). Doh!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Can't help but notice the Premium button... Premium accounts are usually paying ones.

So how do they justify making money off a game that uses Dune 2000's copyrighted image material? -_-

Hi,

I'm one of the developers of the Dutch dune 2000 browser game: www.dun3.nl.

We are currently working on a newer version which also will be available in English.

The international (english) version can be found here: www.dun3.com.

As an answer to your question I can say that dune 2000 originally was created by Westwood Studios, and that they no longer exist.

The rights on dune 2000 were taken over by EA Games.

After we found that out we tried to contact them. We have proof that they didn't respond to our messages of using their copyrighted image material.

Currently due to lack of time and possible free designers who want to model for us, we use these images until we can replace them with our own.

So it's just a matter of time.

Regards,

Apocalypse

Dun3 - Admin