Your cast for the upcoming Dune movie

Dunenewt

My second hope is that it stays reasonably close to the book, though I realize that a lot will have to be cut. The miniseries was okay in that respect, allthough it also added some irrelevant and unnecessary subplots.

In my opinion, the miniseries focused too much on the major plotlines and main characters, with everything and everyone else fading into the background. Most of the secondary characters, with the notable exception of Dr. Kynes, were just too plain and uninteresting. With all its deviations from the book and lots of scenes that were cut, Lynch's movie is far better than the miniseries IMO.

I think they made him into the Emperor's Mentat of sorts. Another weird change was making Irulan travel to Giedi Prime to gather some information. Guess they wanted to give her a bigger role in the series, but the outcome was just meh.

Think they forgot that it was Margot Fenring that "visited" Feyd-Rautha.

That didn't bother me much, personally. I rather like the Fenring character from the novel though and I feel that the miniseries butchered him.

one of the reasons why I'd prefer the movie never happened. Besides I don't think they will be able to make it any better than Lynch's.

That didn't bother me much, personally. I rather like the Fenring character from the novel though and I feel that the miniseries butchered him.

Still, on the whole I like the series.

The miniseries butchered him?!  Have you read the new novels?  THAT is character assasination.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, if anyone of you other DUNE fans will be interested, here is my cast list...

Charles Mesure as Duke Leto Atreides

Renee O'Connor as Lady Jessica

James McAvoy as Paul Muad'Dib

Ian McKellen as The Baron's Doctor

Bernard Hill as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Brendan Fraser as Feyd-Rautha

Sean Astin as The Beast Rabban

Christopher Lee as Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV.

Max von Sydow as Gurney Halleck

Ian Holm as Thufir Hawat

Ornella Muti as Reverend Mother Ramallo

Maggie Smith as Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Keira Knightley as Chani

Timothy Dalton as Dr. Wellington Yueh

Ewan McGregor as Nefud

Kiefer Sutherland as Piter De Vries

David Wenham as Liet-Kynes

Gerard Butler as Stilgar

Miranda Otto as Princess Irulan

P.S. Your comments, either good or bad, are most welcome,

so let's see who agrees and who disagrees with my choice

of actors for new 'DUNE'...

• 1 year later...

Any info about this? Is this project still alive or is it back in development hell? IMDb states it for 2014 release, but since 2013 is almost upon us and there's been second to none information... well it doesn't look too good. The latest piece of info I dug out is this web page:  http://janeiris.hubpages.com/hub/Dune-Movie-to-Watch-Out-For# but who knows how accurate the info is...