Kane's Wrath

Dunenewt

• 4 weeks later...

I would say that the original C&C was definitely more ambiguous in terms of "good guys" and "bad guys" - the Brotherhood of Nod certainly seemed justified, if somewhat ruthless. And GDI seemed rather militaristic and oppressive.

Nod's tiberium experiments in Tiberian Sun made them seem a lot less justified. I really think that was Kane's fault, though. He is the one always pushing Nod to embrace tiberium, and overseeing all the experiments. I liked Nod a lot more after Kane died (again) and Slavik took over in Firestorm.

I'd say a lot of it has to do with artistic portrayal as well. Nod seemed like just another organisation that had a military. Plus all the speeches and the like. They seemed... ordinary, just like any other non-profit organisation out there (how warped my impressions are).

But in Tiberian Sun, everything turned really red, with infantry donning black outfits with helmets and all. They were seemingly dressed to look like the bad guys. Think Stormtroopers.

Did you take the set that came with the mouse? ;)

The what?

Anyway, I'm actually really enjoying playing this game in comparison to normal Tiberium Wars, because it does add a lot of new elements to the game, although I have not really tried the Global Conquest mode yet.  The Marked of Kane are definitely fun to play as, and some of the new units are truly huge, such as GDI's MARV, which is the size of 4 Mammoth Tanks, and harvests Tiberium when it goes over Tiberium fields.

System requirements:

* Windows XP, Windows Vista (32-bit)

* 2.0 GHz or AMD equivalent / Windows Vista 2.2 GHz

* 512 MB RAM / Windows Vista 1 GB RAM

* 8x DVD drive

* 6.0 GB free space

* GeForce 4 Ti, ATI Radeon 8500 video card, Intel GMA 900

* DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

* 56 Kbp/s Internet connection for online play

* Macintosh:

* Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later

* 1.83 GHz or faster Intel Core Duo processor

* 1GB RAM

* 6GB free hard-disk space

* Video card: ATI X1600 series or later; NVIDIA GeForce 7300 or later

* DVD-ROM drive

* Also works on PowerPC

* Note: This game does not support the GMA950 integrated graphics card

:O

Watch out - according to all the C&C forums Kanes Wrath uses more memory in-game than the C&C3 specs of 512K, more like 640k.

I have found the game to load slower (I have 2Gb RAM) and I had to drop the GFX to medium/high rather than high using my GeForce 7900GS.

Dont play online  just repeating campaign on HARD.

• 1 month later...