Dune 2; SDune 2 cheats problem

kid

hi

I have small problem with cheats in Dune2, sdune 2.

I found cheats for dune2,sdune2 where is written that you need to edit 'scenario.pak' file to have unlimited spice and more units.

example:

[Atreides]

Quota=0

Credits=1000

Brain=Human

MaxUnit=16

change in to:

[Atreides]

Quota=0

Credits=50000

Brain=Human

MaxUnit=99 

I have old PC with win98se(cpu433mhz,128mb ram,16mb 3d graphic card tnt2) with i keep it for for playing old games. The problem with cheats is that, after editing the 'scenario.pak' game don't want to work on my pc. It's starts but after choosing the house game freeze.

I've check this cheats on friend PC(similar to my pc)and on his pc cheats are working, game starts and works properly. You can play with unlimited spice and build more unit's.

I don't know why on my friend pc cheats working and on my pc don't.

any idea how to solve this problem.

It looks like while editing the SCENARIO.PAK, you've accidentally corrupted it. You can use XCC Mixer to extract individual Dune 2 scenario files and edit them separately. Also, this method will allow you to place additional units for your side, and generally play around with editing the missions. Go here to read about a good Dune 2 scenario editor. The same developer has a PAK editing utility, in case you want to recompile your SCENARIO.PAK with edited files. BTW, to play the edited scenarios, just put them into your Dune 2 directory.

Also, here you can learn more about Dune editing, and download some fancy stuff as well, including the Dune II remake by Stefan Hendricks.

FYI, XCC Mixer perfectly handles Dune II PAK files, allowing you to view their contents and extract files. The only thing, the *.pak mask is not included in the "Open File" menu, so you just put *.* in the filename box and press enter to view all filetypes, or use the built-in browser to locate and open your Dune II PAK files.

Alternatively, use the Dune 2 PAKer which was created specifically to handle PAK files.

What other problems did you encounter with the programs I mentioned?

hmm...XCC mixer that I installed on my pc was a set of few programs.

dune 2 packer only unpack pak files and dune 2 scenario editor is only map editor where I can only make a map for dune 2. 

XCC mixer that I installed on my pc was a set of few programs.

You surely mean XCC Utilities as a whole. You need to start XCC Mixer (part of the XCC Utilities) and then you'll be able to open Dune 2 PAK archives.

dune 2 packer only unpack pak files

It packs PAK files as well. You need to put the files you want to pack in a folder (e.g. called "Scenario"), select it in the DUNE2PAK's browser (lower window), press "Pack" and type in the name of the file, e.g. SCENARIO.PAK.

dune 2 scenario editor is only map editor where I can only make a map for dune 2

The cheat you were using in the first place actually involves editing the mission maps. So extract all the maps, open them and edit the stats for the human player. If you don't want to use the scenario editor, simply edit the scenarios in a text editor like Notepad. Then pack your modified missions back into scenario pack, or simply place them into your Dune 2 folder.

BTW, it's useless to change MaxUnit to 99, since you can't have more than 80 units on the map in Dune 2 anyway...