new games

deathand999

haw many of them out there? did u play the last one ? black plague ?

The game started out as a test for the physics/graphics engine.  It was just a small thing (there are youtube videos of people beating it in a minute and a half or so).  People liked it so much that they convinced Frictional Games (who made the tech demo) to expand it into a full game.  This tech demo is just called Penumbra, and can be freely downloaded here.

Penumbra: Overture is the first actual game, which follows a similar (though expanded) basic storyline as the tech demo, although the level designs are different.  Because this series comes in parts, you're left at a cliffhanger, so getting both parts is recommended.  Overture came out in March/April of 2007.  You can sometimes find it in games stores, but you can also order it online.

The third and last part (it was originally intended to have three parts, but they reduced it to two) is Penumbra: Black Plague, Which continues the story.  The facility now looks a little more reminiscent of the tech demo, and is a little more focused on puzzles (esp. physics-based puzzles) than sneaking around.  I'm currently playing this game, and it's awesome.

problem with genre is that there is too much of them.. but most of the time is on the account

of quality .. some of them are just copy of each others .. or the games before ..

scatter some units.. gather resources and fight .. ex .. sometimes it gets boring ..

i liked World in Conflict but surly its a stop and go game.. not a multiplayer title 

other new ones i see :

Sins of a Solar Empire Release Date: Feb 4, 2008   

Imperium Romanum Release Date: Mar 4, 2008

The game started out as a test for the physics/graphics engine.  It was just a small thing (there are youtube videos of people beating it in a minute and a half or so).  People liked it so much that they convinced Frictional Games (who made the tech demo) to expand it into a full game.  This tech demo is just called Penumbra, and can be freely downloaded here.

Penumbra: Overture is the first actual game, which follows a similar (though expanded) basic storyline as the tech demo, although the level designs are different.  Because this series comes in parts, you're left at a cliffhanger, so getting both parts is recommended.  Overture came out in March/April of 2007.  You can sometimes find it in games stores, but you can also order it online.

The third and last part (it was originally intended to have three parts, but they reduced it to two) is Penumbra: Black Plague, Which continues the story.  The facility now looks a little more reminiscent of the tech demo, and is a little more focused on puzzles (esp. physics-based puzzles) than sneaking around.  I'm currently playing this game, and it's awesome.

both games didnt work on my system.. its that open gl shit again i guess

Buh?  Did you check out their fora to see if anyone knows a workaround for your problem?

no . i wasnt interested i hate that open GL  stuff . never worked for me , i guess

my 6200 xfx geforce  dose not support open GL  ..

plus i was angry .. i plated tens of game lately and never had any problems ..

like fear presus mandate and man hunt and gears of war why should they be different ?

thats their problem to solve i plug and play or throw away..

i dont solve problems . i make them 

OpenGL? Could be the driver. Maybe get it updated, if it is not.

it had a small open GL update file with it i installed it  but nothing happend..

i cant adjust anything because i cant even see the menu or anything it just open

to some kind of scratches on the screen ...

in my opinion i dont need to adjust anything they should have made it ready to

run on a normal xp system . i played 100s of games on my system never had a problem

like that ...