Ethnic Clensing/

exatreide

Ok i just thought of something probly from the mountin dew or extended periods with out sleep. BTW the freman have bene living in the desert for thousands of years right? should they not have a darker pigmint of skin???? why then in the mini seris and the god forsake lynch version do they apear to be very pale? should they not have some darker pigmint maybe Central American or African or sometihng soemthing. dose any one know if they are calcasion in the book? if not was Frank Herbert a racist or did he just forget to add that? There i tried to be lest offence to all minorities

No I don't think you have been offenisive to any of the other races but the wordprocessors union are kinda of upset with you. Central Amer. or African hmmmmmm maybe even "dark" Arabs or Hindus. About Herbert being a racsit I'm really not sure about that one. True alot of science-fiction does not have other races that you can identify with the naked eye but look at who are the authors of the works. Being that Dune deals with very human characters and not with alien races (or made to seem that way) this question is very thought provoking. Now with the Lynch version you do have some other races represented even if shortly (blink and you might miss it). Although it is not with the Fremen it is on the side with Shaddam in the throne room during Maud'Dib's attack on the palace. As for the title "Ethnic Cleansing" that has to do with destuction of another race to make another "so-called" pure race think Hitler and company etc. So Ex I am wondering why did you use this title? A different title might generate a better response cause this is an interesting topic for the hardcore Dune-heads if they respond.

Well the Harkonnen hunted the freman for sport. or was it the other way around? maybe Frank herbert wanted dune to be a intergalatic storry of world war 2? you can think of Emperor Shadamn or Muad'Dib as kinda hittlers. in the Dune Messiah(forvige the spelling) Muad'Dib refered to him self as hitler!!! Maybe its a story of what if a hittler like person took over. and Paul was alwas eating the spice capsles all the time. like hittler took 3 daily injetions of speed. the massed aramda could be like the ships in the invasion of normady? sometihng like that. the list goeson and on. maybe and planly thats the only thing i could think of.Sorry. Why did evreone in the lynch version have big bushy eyeborws?

Yeah the HK hunted the Fremen for sport that is correct. I never thought about overlaying the events of WWII to Dune not as a whole. Muad'Dib as Hitler I see you have been talking to Edric that sounds like his Ordos loving propaganda. Everyone in the Lynch version did not have bushy eyebrows only Thufir and Piter had them that I can remember.

no he realy did refer to himself as hitler. i haave not bene listing to propa....... Death to all who opose house ordos....er..um it just seems to fit. and dident duke leto the baron and emperor shadamn have bushy eybrows. why did the baron just look fat? whare are his welts and the pus and needels? oh my.

I beleive he referred himself to Hitler because of all the people he had killed in his war.

As for the races, well, I do not belevie that, except for the Atreides haveing a Greek ancestry, it says anything about there race, and seeing as this is over 50,000 years in the future, it is likley that al the "races" we have now have blended together into one.

As for the Fremen being pale, not only is that the directors choice, but if you think about it it does make sense. They are always inside in caves during the day, and when they arn't, every part of there body is covered except for there hands.

I feel like Herbert's Dune sometimes is almost left to open interpretation because of all the cultural influences he used to create Dune. No matter what others say or how they present it on screen in the games or here in our posts it's still a great science-fiction story and I see why some consider Dune one of the top science-fiction series of all time. Maybe I'll understand it more like Fedaykin-Sandwalker and Mahdi or anyone that shows a greater understanding of the novels. I don't know Mahdi about the races being one in the future you know how we humans can be. lol :)

well i think maybe all the races will be treted as equles (maybe not the telexu) look at how we have changed in the past 200 years we have abolished slavery. abolished segragation. even though we have had the mass slaughter of jews the assination of Marthen Luther King JR. we never know how far we will go in 8,000 years.

Thank you Fedaykin-Sandwalker. You have a lot of good points to. I think I actually do partially defend your part of the big arguement on good and evil in the good and evil thread in "The Martyr Factor" response.

I only said that because of their gene program so they can have their very own puppet KH to control. The Bene Gesserit were very deceptive I would have to say masters at it until they met their match the Honored Mates. It was like looking in the mirror at yourself and seeing a deadlier version.

And at the end of Chapterhouse an Honored Matre is Mother Superior and Great Honored Matre and they begin to combine into one new sisterhood. But think about all the groups the BG sent out. What groups will they become that threaten humanity or help humanity later?

• 1 month later...