C&C Red Alert 3

veK

''I'm hoping someone mods it to add a European side''

Maybe you mean another European side? The allies are inarguably  mostly European. Tanya gives them a bit of a Hollywood American feel but they are probably meant to basically be the ''west''. Of the sub-teams offered in RA (or was it RA2 that offered that? or both?) I definitely remember France, Germany,e.t.c

Japan was the last major player in WW2 not introduced in RA2 (other than Italy perhaps, who certainly put up less of a fight than Japan) so if a team had to be added that would be one reason it would make sense.

However, since the RA series has deviated from all history and realism they could have put the mongols in and it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

What time is  RA3 set in anyway? seems to me that the technology level of the worlds militaries somehow sharply declined from RA to C&C. Though not having played many of the WW games I can't really say such a thing for sure.

RA was set in the 40s (WW2), RA2 appeared to be present day, or slightly in the future, RA3 is very futuristic but I don't know when it's supposed to have taken place. Oh and I just saw on the wiki Volcano stronghold and Superweapons in mount rushmore... groan

What time is  RA3 set in anyway? seems to me that the technology level of the worlds militaries somehow sharply declined from RA to C&C. Though not having played many of the WW games I can't really say such a thing for sure.

They've long abandoned the idea of tying the Tiberium and the RA universes, so the RA series are no longer act as prequels to C&C. (If I understood you point correctly, that is)

Well seeing as Tiberuim got cancelled and we've had a tiberium and red alert universe game out, next in line is a generals game... Knowing EA.

But i played RA3's full version at the RA3 London Launch and its very good, so i brought it the next day when it came out. Truely a C&C title, something westwood would be proud of.

Did anyone ever play the CnC Europe mod for Generals?  Well apparently those guys had a lot of support from EA, and are now 'working on something big'.  Perhaps a new Generals with USA, GLA, China...Russia, India, and Europe?  That would sound good to me.

I haven't, it's probably too powerful for my computer anyway.

no its not  .. on low settings  the game turn into a cartoon like shape

and it run very easily ...  i think  c&c  is  turning multilayer

soon  because  the campaign is a joke  and its way too short ...

the game and the game play  is a remake of emp 

as  an emp  player i had lots of flash backs and similar game play of emp

while in game..

but its a great game and i am having a lot of fun ..   

too small tech tree and few buildings  ,,,,  50 000  res  in all mines

makes it possible to make  few units and keep rushing 

the game dosnt let u relax  or defend  .. limiting the game play of the campaign

even more ..  its a lot like going to the movies and watching a movie then

from playing a game

its a lot like going to the movies and watching a movie then

from playing a game

Sadly this is a tendency for games that were designed with primarily multiplayer in mind. The RA2 campaign also has quite a low replayability value (compared to the earlier instalments in the series), but that was partly remedied by nice skirmish enhanced by some good mods out there :)

• 1 month later...

Red Alert 3 is a better game than C&C 3 for these reasons:

-Is better balanced (in C&C 3 Scrin are overpowered and the NOD elicopter-the best NOD unit in the game is nerfed in the "balance patch") and the counter are very good

-You can build a single soldier instead of a squad

-Infantry is useful

-There are naval units and naval bases

-Really interesting units ability

The bad side is:

-Too easy

-Some stupid units

-You have to wait SDK for modding

However.....Something is going wrong.

HISTORY:

-Dune 2 Westwood first RTS:land and air units.

-Tiberian Dawn:you can command air units,new armor system (infantry more resistant)

-Red Alert:land,air and naval units (while Warcraft I has only ground units muaahahahah)

-Tiberian Sun,Dune 2000....nothing of new while there are more revolutionary games (Starcraft).

-Emperor Battle for Dune....this is a masterpiece!Three total different house with a total different combat system,a very original campaign where you can also lose battles,subhouse.

-Red Alert 2:good...but is a step back if you compare with Emperor.

-C&C Generals:very insteresting idea...but....while calling it C&C?However it pales with Emperor.

-C&C 3:good graphics but is another step back if you compare with Emperor.Good the idea that of the GDI alternate ending.

-Red Alert 3:It is revolutionary?No...it could be,but too many years are passed and many units come from Starcraft.

This long post is only for telling you that in many years no Westwood-EA game have beated Emperor...this is strange!

I like your genre-studying attitude in evaluating Westwood/EA RTS games :) But

-Red Alert:land,air and naval units (while Warcraft I has only ground units muaahahahah)

Warcraft I was released two years before Red Alert (not to mention one year before Tiberian Dawn), and Warcraft II, released one year before Red Alert, already had naval and air units.

Right...I was sure that Warcraft was older than C&C 1 but I tough that Warcraft 2 was newer than Red Alert.

Well...with this news Warcraft 2 is the first RTS with naval force (in C&C you can't build)....a point for the Blizzard.

Now I have a doubt:Dune 2 is in the 1992....so after 1992 and before 1994 there are not other RTS?

Your history is a bit skewed  RA 2 was 2000 Emperor came in 2001. Besides there is not that much revolutionary in Emperor, just a whole lot of tweaking from other games, at most it is a highly evolved game but it is no revolution.

Your history is a bit skewed  RA 2 was 2000 Emperor came in 2001. Besides there is not that much revolutionary in Emperor, just a whole lot of tweaking from other games, at most it is a highly evolved game but it is no revolution.

I thought Emperor was the first true 3D RTS?