C&C Red Alert 3

veK

Hopefully we will at least enjoy nice graphics :P

Seriously, the RA series have declined into silliness with RA2. It was nice, but silly enough. Personally I have nothing against it, although YR was quite a bit freaky. Perhaps they should have been more creative in a silly vein, rather than simply reiterating the time travel concept to introduce freakier sides, units and stuff.

Red Alert 2 graphics weren't awful, just very cartoonish. Gameplay didn't suffer a lot in Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge, but the whole atmosphere in RA3 is going to be gross.

Uh... I wasn't sarcastic about the "nice graphics" (I said "at least", not "at last"). I think the RA2/YR graphics are fine. By "freaky" I also meant those odd concepts implemented in the game (like those "Incredible Hulk"-esque Brutes and other stuff), as opposed to more "serious" things in C&C (TD), RA and TS.

My point is just that I don't see any reason in being too serious about the whole reductio ad absurdum in RA3. It is in part justified by the tendencies observeable in the previous installments. And honestly, those games are all nice, but they are not such a big deal to get too serious about them. My two cents though.

I don't know, I could see some merit in the concept if we got to perform brutal acts of violence on a gigantic version of pikachu.

Mwahaha >:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh and armoured bears...

There's armored bears?

Also, you will be able to build bases in the water.  The fact they've brought back naval combat is what's selling it to me at the moment.

That's not enough to make a game that has gone bad go good.

I don't know, I could see some merit in the concept if we got to perform brutal acts of violence on a gigantic version of pikachu.

Pikachu will own you, they should make a Pokemon faction!!! :D

that I don't see any reason in being too serious about the whole reductio ad absurdum in RA3. It is in part justified by the tendencies observeable in the previous installments. And honestly, those games are all nice, but they are not such a big deal to get too serious about them. My two cents though.

Alas, don't get too serious about Serious Sam either ;)

• 2 months later...

Back on topic, I've just found some interesting news:

Red Alert News - Frank Klepacki Does RA3! -- Posted On 21 June 2008

Ladies and gentlemen of all ages, it is time to scream and squeal like prepubescent fangirls because the one, the only, Frank Klepacki is officially going to be scoring music for Red Alert 3.

Most notably of course is that he will be scoring Hell March 3. He isn't the only composer working on RA3's music, but at this point in time we have no further information on the other artists.

Hey guys,

Frank is not doing the entire RA3 soundtrack, he is doing Hell March 3 and "some other songs" which I cannot name right now. That said, when our embargo lifts late next week for the community summit, you will learn a whole lot more about our soundtrack and audio. We're extremely excited to have Frank on board in this capacity, and so is he.

At the very least, I hope ths pleases you guys, and our other composers on the game are generating some very exciting tunes as well.

This is a collaboration.

Thanks,

APOC

I hope "'some other songs'" means at least 4 others in addition to Hell March 3.

-Mighty BOB!

Taken from CnC Source.

Personally I'm a great fan of Frank's music, so I kinda look forward to what he's gonna make for RA3 :)

• 5 months later...