C&C Red Alert 3

veK

They just made the game less fun really.

The leadership of the doomed Soviet Union devises a plan to travel back in time in order to change history and restore the Soviet Union as a world power. During the mission, something goes wrong and an alternate timeline is inadvertently created, which alters the evolution of technology and creates a new superpower in the East known as the Empire of the Rising Sun. World War III begins between the Soviets, the Allies and the Empire and is fought with exotic weaponry such as "Tesla coils, heavily armed War Blimps, teleportation, armored bears, intelligent dolphins, floating island fortresses, and transforming tanks".

Oh dear...

Atreides Harkonnen Corrino would be good.  Perhaps one based around the books. You start off as Corrino in the time of the War of the Assassins, crushing rebel worlds.  Then you are Harkonnen, and invading the Atreides on Arrakis.  Then finally you are Atreides, fighting back with the Fremen to take control of Arrakis, before unleashing your jihad.

It could be completely scripted, or it could be more random like in Rome: Total War.

Throw in more houses for a diplomatic twist. When alliances start to be formed and threatened every single game round, you'd be absolutely threatened. Politics has always been tense in the Duniverse anyway.

Strangely Gunner i was playing Rome Total war the other night and thinking the exact same thing, this could make a great Duniverse game either based a round the various planets and houses Or just on Dunes surface. Think the first choice would be best.  ;)

Could try, though I wonder how many times this idea has been conceived already.

What if they're too caught up on some money-spinning projects? ;)

Going across planets would make it very expansive. However, having the choice to fight battles on the planet itself would be neat too. The game would be really huge though.

A good deviation from the Atreides Harkonnen Ordos formula would be nice.

Atreides Harkonnen Corrino would be good.

BLASPHEMY! You shall incur the wrath of the Ordos for speaking such unholy words! Fantas are coming! :P

Sweet. Anybody up for a letter to... O.K. Maybe we should find a company to write to!

*continues daydreaming*

I wish Relic would make a Dune RTS... it seems everything they touch turns to gold.

I stopped looking forward to the future of C&C round about RA2. Tiberium sun had already dissapointed me, but I was willing to overlook one bad game in a good series as a fluke. But then came RA2, and it was obvious that EA/Westwood was no longer serious about C&C.