Next US President?

If you could vote in the upcoming US elections, who would you vote for?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. If you could vote in the upcoming US elections, who would you vote for?

• John McCain
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Barrack Obama
    • Some left-wing candidate with no chance of winning
    • Some right-wing candidate with no chance of winning

Unfortunately he was forced to attend to the line of people (secret service, Iraqi police,e.t.c) queuing up to deliver beatings first.

Of course, this only made the Iraqi govt less popular and him more popular. Considering most claim the Iraqi govt is but a puppet of the US govt, and he clearly holds a large disdain for the US government, this turn of events was perhaps more than he could hope for.

I wonder how much will come of this. Many would say that him throwing a shoe was merely a harmless act of expression (I know I've never heard of fatalities caused by thrown shoes) and the resulting beatings were repression of free speech.

Repression of free speech is known to ruffle a few feathers and who knows how many will be inspired to similar actions (and receive similar beatings, thus adding fuel to the fire) and how far things might escalate as a result.

Also, who knows how many eager individuals with their itchy feet and desire make their shoes air-born are now awaiting Bush in America

The man is definitely a terrorist. What he has done will give support to the terrorist groups who will recruit more people to attack the United States colony known as Iraq.

Anyone think in the future the walls that separate the 2 religions in Baghdad will be torn down like the Berlin Wall?

200812171355.jpg

One Cool President

Full set here

EDIT:

Egyptian offers daughter to Iraqi shoe-thrower

That journalist is a hero to middle east people.

Of course he will probably disappear and never heard of again.

Obama's chief of staff Rahm taped trying to sell senate seat

Another person who was trying to sell Obamas senate seat.

Andrew do you call anyone hating bushes evil deed a terorist? Would you?

See thats the problem you call others terorists and the muslims are the only one dying nowadays in majority and so if someone expreses his anger his pain for what the USA has done wouldnt make him a terorists but knowing that killing innocent muslims is of no use is a crime is what make s a terorist! Usa as seen now is the real source of terorism! Usa used to finince the talibans and so now they are paying for what they have done! Think ABOUT IT!

Yes I was sarcastic, but sadly in the views of the American Government I am sure they would consider him a terrorist. I mean he threw SHOES at the president and made him like like a dirty animal.

Canadians have been tortured by Americans for simply being Muslim.

SAND, I'm sad you misunderstood Andrew's point of view. Andrew is one of the people who really care about what's happening in the world. His bitter irony and sarcastic attitude shows that he's truly concerned with what he's talking about, and I appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

SandChigger, those who are still learning the ways of the semicolon are not our enemies, we must help them on their journey towards a hamonious relationship with syntax. It is those who are armed with the knowledge, those who have command of the English language, but choose to abuse their power, whether by atempting to deploy weapons of mass punctuation, or by subtler methods twist language to their nefarious purposes, who must be deemed a force of terror.

I could not agree with you more.

(However, I fear that religious strictures will prevent our good SAND from developing a "<b>ham</b>onious" relationship with anything, let alone the syntax of our language! Sorry if you find this piggy of me. ;) )