Dune: Arrakeen Wars - Its almost ready!

pascal89

The deployment and a position of joints are the same as in Emperor, the only additions i made are front panels. When beginning deployment panels slides left and right (as in second picture), turret and a joint moves backwards and then up. In the end front panels moves down to the ground for better fixation of a vehicle (third picture)

Actually I meant to stay in concept theme, trying to not move much from it

About a contacts Well I think if shmafoozius and ccgx that my scratches are useful they could inform their concept artist.

P.S. IMO my work are far from the finish they are only scratches in fact,

but the idea and a realization of a model are interesting for some other purposes.

The deployment and a position of joints are the same as in Emperor, the only additions i made are front panels. When beginning deployment panels slides left and right (as in second picture), turret and a joint moves backwards and then up. In the end front panels moves down to the ground for better fixation of a vehicle (third picture)

Ahh, right, I see :)

Why could it not pop up from underneath, like the Pop-Up turret in Emperor?

Because vehicles can't be partially underground? :P

we already got a concept artist... and it's just useless to have now concepts if you create the models soonest in a year or so

Shouldnt the title of this subject be renamed as ...its almost ready...if its 2010!

• 2 weeks later...

2 gntlemanartist

Well it’s very interesting and unique, especially when we are divided with half of a planet :) When I saw your first concept it was a big push for me. Your design is very simple, very interesting, and very Hi-tech at a time. For me it’s difficult to create something from a blank page. And your design concepts showed me a starting point for scratching.

• 2 months later...

there is an article in the latest pc gamer (uk). just as info for all who maybe want to read it.

besides that I can say we are still developing the mod, but thing were slow in the last weeks. but there will be an update soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm a little new to the board.  But I have for the longest time have been waiting for another new dune game to come out after beating EBFD, and now you guys are making one which look very impressive. 

If you guys are still looking for more ideas... the Swordmasters of Ginaz is a fairly wicked idea which comes from Butlerian trilogy (Butlerian Jihad, Machine Crusades, Battle of Corrin), which they have holtzman grenades and pistols for long range weapons against machinery, and electric-resonating swords for combat with machines.  This would make this unit very useful as an infantry against vehicular units.

• 2 weeks later...