Dune: Arrakeen Wars - Its almost ready!

pascal89

• 3 weeks later...

I've posted your news on the front page, please tell me if anything is wrong, or if there's anything else you would like posted on the front page.  To see it, click on FED2k in the top forum bar.

it's good like it is. but maybe add a link to the downloadpage of the ingame video showing the lasertank.

2 shmafoozius

For how long did you made new Laser Tank model?

And question about the texture. Maybe you should try to make texture color greenier (like in previous attempts.)

The texture itself looks interesting, but from one side, it should bee more similar to metal plating or armor (not it looks more like some kind an alien creature).

And from other side with a little imagination I can see a new version of damage absorbing material in it.

Well I can’t tell what is best for now, but it cold bee interesting to see some other tries of a texture.

2 shmafoozius

For how long did you made new Laser Tank model?

I really don't know. :P

Every time I continue to model something, I stop after some minutes (5-10, sometimes up to 20), and I'm not modeling/texturing every day... I guess, it took about a week in days, but I don't know how many hours it took.

And question about the texture. Maybe you should try to make texture color greenier (like in previous attempts.)

Huh? Previous attempts? You're talking like you saw early wip screenshots... o_O

But no, we decided to use a less saturated green, because it the contrast to the sand and red rocks on dune would be too extreme.

You could have a go at some Atreides units too, perhaps?

sadly we don't have the manpower for beginning with atreides. as I said very often, we are just 2 guys who do the moddeling/skinning/coding part, now 1 concept artist and a mapper. mongoose is something like out of the team...

That's what I mean, you could get acid-crash to do some concept art for the Atreides.

we already got a concept artist... and it's just useless to have now concepts if you create the models soonest in a year or so

If you get loads of concept work done, you're more likely to attract new team members, surely?  Also, I believe the Battle for Dune team offered you their Renegade models to use if you wanted to?

maybe new members would be attracted, but only maybe.

yes, they offered "some old low poly models"... but imo their models are not as good as our models or textures.

Actually its very difficult for me to draw the inner side of a front panel,

Because I only use pencil and a paper, so this one was left unfinished for better times.

For now its too hard for me to draw such geometry objects, im really sorry :-[