Dune: Arrakeen Wars - Its almost ready!

pascal89

Dune: Arrakian Wars will bring back the Battle on Dune, the desert planet. Based on Emperor- Battle for Dune, it will feature all your favorite units from all three factions, Atreides, Harkonnen and Ordos, with new high-end look, new Gameplay elements and much more!

- This is a C&C: Tiberium Wars mod!

- This mod will include new campaigns!

- It will include Dune and also other planet maps

Landscape

ordosshot.jpg

Units

assaulttank2.jpg

Multiplayer lobby screen

loadscreen.jpg

Related Sites

http://www.moddb.com/mods/10218/dune-arrakian-wars

http://www.thundermods.net/index.php?page=mods&action=displayMod&id=1

Well, if the creators of that mod could pop by here, I'm sure we could help out, after all, I think it would be better if this game was more than just Emperor on a different engine...and I was hoping that a proper House Corrino would be made, and House Richese could be used to have stealth technology, rather than just giving it to anyone.

I wonder if they can replicate such things as Leechs and Contaminators.  Also, I hope they impliment things which were never included in Emperor in the end, such as the NIAP and its Tleilaxu counterpart, and just include all the other units which were only seen during the campaigns, such as the suboids.

interessting we got a topic here, since we are using this site as no. 1 information resource.

reading this topic I see, I don't know much about dune. :/

getting some infos here and esspecially ideas would be nice ^^

edit: we made yesterday an update:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/10218/dune-arrakian-wars/news/26345/daw-news-update-3-devastating

I posted a topic on the thundermods forums.

It would be nice to see Fremen as part of Atreides rather than a separate faction, and bring in Richese as a subhouse.  A proper House Corrino would be nice as well

For unit ideas:

Harkonnen Inkvine Trooper - A unit armed with a pistol, and when it deploys, a Inkvine mortar.

Ordos Deviator Infantry - Slow moving unit armed with very short range Deviator gas sprayer.

Atreides Hawk Infantry - Infantry armed with the small sonic rifles.

It would be nice to see Fremen as part of Atreides rather than a separate faction, and bring in Richese as a subhouse.  A proper House Corrino would be nice as well

For unit ideas:

Harkonnen Inkvine Trooper - A unit armed with a pistol, and when it deploys, a Inkvine mortar.

Ordos Deviator Infantry - Slow moving unit armed with very short range Deviator gas sprayer.

I allready answered you, that if you like you can apply for getting in the team to help out.

btw: we are still searching for talented modelers and texture artists...

quote author=Dunenewt link=topic=20393.msg323449#msg323449 date=1203358789]

It would be nice to see Fremen as part of Atreides rather than a separate faction, and bring in Richese as a subhouse.  A proper House Corrino would be nice as well

For unit ideas:

DuneNewt you need to understand that C&C 3 has limitations in its ability to code new capabilities, so what you ask is difficult - deploy mode does not really exist anymore in C&C 3. I am surprised that they have been able to code the Kobra mode of dual battle.

The Devastator as in Dune2K is just a modified GDI Mammoth, much easier to build than Mechs, even the EA Devs didnt want mechs hence their reticence in putting Tiberian Sun mechs into Kanes Wrath (forced through by APOC).

Deviator gas is probably possible due to the prescence of the Mastermind control function, though in C&C 3 it only enables one unit to be controlled at a time (Kanes Wrath extends this to a radius effect). Gas effects can use the harvester tiberium "gas effect" (which is green in TW even on Blue fields!)

Mortars are available on the Pitbull but not as an infantry unit (flamers, beam weapons, rifles, grenades, snipers and rocket troopers are the norm) and not certain if this team is developing new infantry models.

Sonic weapons are possible, hence the new Shatterer in KW but whether you can make the gfx effect smaller than a large weapon (as in gun turret in TW or shatterer in KW) I dont know, most modders in C&C3 just code small unit changes - and that is dificult, I gave up after coding walls back in and changing a few units around!

As for factions - there arnt any in TW that is Kanes Wrath, so Fremen would have to be a "GDI = Atreides" infantry unit. As for the 3 main houses Atreides, Harkonnen and Ordos I will be interested to see how they do sub-houses. They will need to have a "sub-house unit" that can be built from three different buildings each aligned to the 3 main houses, but that will then assume you can build any house at any time unlike the three max sub-houses in EBFD...

It will be thus interesting to see his reply to your last question...

DuneNewt you need to understand that C&C 3 has limitations in its ability to code new capabilities, so what you ask is difficult - deploy mode does not really exist anymore in C&C 3. I am surprised that they have been able to code the Kobra mode of dual battle.

deploy mode would be just easy to implement. it's definately not a problem ^^

[...]

Deviator gas is probably possible due to the prescence of the Mastermind control function, though in C&C 3 it only enables one unit to be controlled at a time (Kanes Wrath extends this to a radius effect). Gas effects can use the harvester tiberium "gas effect" (which is green in TW even on Blue fields!)

deviator gas, as we understand it, is already implemented and WORKING

Mortars are available on the Pitbull but not as an infantry unit (flamers, beam weapons, rifles, grenades, snipers and rocket troopers are the norm) and not certain if this team is developing new infantry models.

we're going to make new infantry models, all inf you can now see on screenshots are the one off tw, but as placeholders. we are also open for new ideas for infantry units, cause we want that the infantry is more usefull, even lategame.

Sonic weapons are possible, hence the new Shatterer in KW but whether you can make the gfx effect smaller than a large weapon (as in gun turret in TW or shatterer in KW) I dont know, most modders in C&C3 just code small unit changes - and that is dificult, I gave up after coding walls back in and changing a few units around!

i already coded a dummy for the atreides sonic tank. sonic weapons are just easy to code. I'm digging through the xsd's brought by the sdk, and trust me, there is much not used in tw, but still working!

As for factions - there arnt any in TW that is Kanes Wrath, so Fremen would have to be a "GDI = Atreides" infantry unit. As for the 3 main houses Atreides, Harkonnen and Ordos I will be interested to see how they do sub-houses. They will need to have a "sub-house unit" that can be built from three different buildings each aligned to the 3 main houses, but that will then assume you can build any house at any time unlike the three max sub-houses in EBFD...

It will be thus interesting to see his reply to your last question...

we're not using gdi, nod and scrin in our code, we using the real faction names atreides, harkonnen und ordos. for now the subhouse units are a single extra faction.

for subhouse unit buildung we are using a building to choose to out of 5 subhouses (called "Residence of Houses"). after choosing you use this building to build the actual buildings to construct the units.

it's working good and we don't saw any bug in this yet.

a system that you could just choose friendly houses would not a problem.

deviator gas, as we understand it, is already implemented and WORKING.

we're going to make new infantry models, all inf you can now see on screenshots are the one off tw, but as placeholders. we are also open for new ideas for infantry units, cause we want that the infantry is more usefull, even lategame

a system that you could just choose friendly houses would not a problem.

Deviator gas = You have coded the ability to change multiple units (hit one after another by deviator missiles or by splash damage explosion) to Ordos side for a set time span? - If so well done.

The units that EBFD fans will want are:

Harkonnen Flamer

If Harkonnen do not have an APC then need armed engineer, though many EBFD mods included a Hark APC unit

Sardaukar - heavy machine gunner

Sardaukar Elite dual weapon unit(laser and sword)

Ordos Chem unit

Ordos Mortar (high arc anti-infantry inaccurate high splash damage weapon)

Atreides Kindjal (lower flight arc than mortar and much more accurate anti-vehicle weapon)

Atreides Sniper

General light infantry and rocket troops for two/three sides

Fremen sniper

Fremen Fedyakin (sonic weapon)

Some may want a short range Deviator rocket trooper

Some may want Dune2K Atreides Grenadier

Leeches and Contaminators could be based on Scrin Corrupter weapon effects

That would just leave Ix and Guild units to work out

plus extra unit ideas like DuneNewts

Choice of friendly houses = EBFD Skirmish/Multi-player mode.

Set sub-houses to main house = EBFD campaign style play.

Former better than latter.

Rather than a Deviator rocket trooper, I think one that sprays the Deviator gas would be better.

A Harkonnen Plasma trooper would be good too.

As far as I can see, they're recreated all the existing Emperor units, so I'm just suggesting additional ones.

I'm still holding out for House Corrino instead of House Ordos, as I'd rather see a game closer to the books.

I think they should attach the subhouses to the main house, so:

Atreides: Fremen, Ix

Harkonnen: Richese

Ordos: Tleilaxu

Anyway, is it possible to have four main sides?

For the deploy function, JulesG, could they not use the same code as the bombard position, that the GDI Artillery mech currently uses (sorry, can't remember the unit name)?

In what for programs do you guys model, paint (texture?) and code? Who made the cool looking logo? I'm just interested.

we're using 3ds max for modeling (since is the only program supporting the exporters), for textures we use adobe photoshop. for coding I'm using notepad++, what shmafoozius (he made the logo) is unsing I don't know.

Anyway, is it possible to have four main sides?

it's possible to have as many main sides aus you wanted to. but we stay on the 3 sides from emperor. no additionally main houses.

subhouses will maybe added and a system that not every side can choose every subhouse. and that you can't choose subhouses who are antagonized is an idea we maybe going to implement.

For the deploy function, JulesG, could they not use the same code as the bombard position, that the GDI Artillery mech currently uses (sorry, can't remember the unit name)?

you mean the juggernaught?

for deplaying unit's we will make a clickable button. trust me it will work.

it's interesting that some people here are writing if they perfectly know the tw modding things, but just completely wrong with their statement. let use do the mod, here are interesting ideas, I'm glad that so many people are having ideas, and some will be used, but this is our decision what will at the be in the mod.

to all the dune enthusiast: we're doing a mod based on westwood (modified) dune universe, not based off the original books.

Please please please could we have House Corrino as a main side?? They're the guys that control the Sardaukar, and there are plenty of units in Emperor that belong to the Sardaukar.

Could someone post a picture of the Sardaukar Tank and APC as I don't have Emperor.

Perhaps after the first version of Arrakeen Wars is released, the second version could include House Corrino?

Please please please could we have House Corrino as a main side?? They're the guys that control the Sardaukar, and there are plenty of units in Emperor that belong to the Sardaukar.

Could someone post a picture of the Sardaukar Tank and APC as I don't have Emperor.

quick search on google brought no result...

Perhaps after the first version of Arrakeen Wars is released, the second version could include House Corrino?

what part of the wort "no" you don't understand? we're making an emperor successor, based on the westwood dune universe and not based ont he book dune universe. this means that we just have the 3 main houses atreides, harkonnen und ordos. the sardaukar will just exist as a subhouse.

edit: btw: I don't know what is wright, but we are writing ArrakIAn Wars...

The Sardaukar Tank and APC were unused models within the game.  I'm sure some of the others will be able to upload some pictures of it.  There are several good unused models within the game, and I'll try and get my brother to send me the pictures from my old computer.

I was merely suggesting it, but hopefully I will gain enough knowledge of the game to be able to mod it myself, then if you like the idea you can implement it. House Corrino was in the original games, as the Emperor in all the games is from House Corrino, they are the ruling house.  But at the end of the day it is your mod.

I will try and post as many ideas for units as I can think of though.

Have you managed to recreate shields in the C&C3 engine?  What about sandworms?

I will try and post as many ideas for units as I can think of though.

good ^^

Have you managed to recreate shields in the C&C3 engine?  What about sandworms?

shield are in, sandworms will be possible, but without a model we don't implement it yet.

Shields were hard to implement because of the holtzman effect, but they're working just fine.

Deviator gas = You have coded the ability to change multiple units (hit one after another by deviator missiles or by splash damage explosion) to Ordos side for a set time span? - If so well done.

Uh.. no. Currently I'm using the Confessor code, so hit units are just "confused" and attacking everything in range. I don't think mass conversion from enemy to player is a good idea. And as you said, it may not even be possible in TW since the mastermind is only able to convert one unit at a time, and only as long as he's alive. Don't really know about KW and the new Mastermind, but I still don't like the idea for some basic unit. This may be an option for some specialpower though.