Battle for Dune: War of Assassins

TeamWolf

Oh gosh, I'm really loving how the Harkonnen vehicles look. Excellent texturing!

How are you going to implement the Dust Scout? I suppose it'd be like classic Renegade, where you purchase vehicles and enter them... but a Dust Scout is not a manned vehicle, I think.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I thought I'd give you a small update on how things are going.

We have got some very nice content that was thought impossible on our engine, new units, maps and such. So don't worry we aren't dead and a new update will be on it's way shortly!

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Is it possible to stop the programme asking for a CD?  At the moment I just click cancel, and it carries on loading, but is it possible to get rid of this?

Yes it is possible and something we will do in a future build.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello I just joined the website due to seeing this wile looking around online. All i would like to say and ask is that you guys are freaking awesome lol i never would have had this idea and i hope you guys finish a version for other people to download and play very soon. If you need ANY help at all and you think i can do something email me.

• 1 month later...

Hey there, blog 119 is live! We're sorry about our recent silence but we have still been busy with new models and working on a new internal build. But let's see what we have been working on!

Atreides Mongoose

Venom775 has been seriously hard at work like always, this time he's been working on the Atreides Mongoose. For awhile we've been needing a redesign for this unit due to how boxy it is in Emperor: Battle for Dune. Venom has managed to give it a great new look and texture job!

The Mongoose is the main armored battle unit for House Atreides, being effective against ground units and air units due to it's tracking missiles.

Mongoose_s.jpg

Atreides Minotaurus

Long with the Mongoose, the Atreides Minotaurus has had a redesign! We have gone for a more Hawk look with the Mino to fit the theme of House Atreides.

The Minotaurus is The Atreides' Artillery unit, a slow moving mech which is heavily armored. The perfect unit for long ranged attacks!

Minotaurus_s.jpg

Atreides Repair Vehicle

The Atreides Repair vehicle is something we were always unsure about design wise, because it was just pretty much a big box with arms. With a complete redesign and amazing texture job, Venom has done a fantastic job with it!

The Repair Vehicle is a key support vehicle on the Battlefield. This is the only unit in the game that is able to repair vehicles, it can also deal damage to enemy unit.

RepairV_s.jpg

Ordos Shield Fence

Venom has modeled the Ordos Shield Fence for building interiors, to make sure infantry don't fall down slopes and off edges! These cool little building props are styled in an Ordos fashion and are used for slopes, room separating along with semi protecting Cloning Vats and Main Frames.

ShieldWall_s.jpg

Atreides Sniper Rifle

The Sniper Rifle is the special weapon of the Atreides. It is a high powered, large caliber bullet firing, long ranged weapon. With a 1 bullet chamber, this weapon has a very slow reload time but can take down an infantry in one headshot!

AtrSRb_s.jpg

Atriedes Engineer Repair Case

The Atreides Engineer Case is a limited piece of equipment due to the strictures on technology by the Great Convention. This case will be used to repair buildings and capture Sub Faction buildings to gain new units. The model and texture are by Venom775.

Atr_RepairCase2_s.jpg

5 Years in the Making!

Battle for Dune: War of Assassins is officially 5 years old today and still going strong! To mark this occasion we will be getting onto Emperor: Battle for Dune whenever possible. We'll try and post up some times at some point but be sure to keep a lookout for us for those guys who still play it!

We will also be releasing a video and some ingame shots of our latest internal build that has just been released to the testers!

Side Note & Recruiting

I recently saw that our Twitter page had been spammed by bots advising online fake jobs. We apologize for this and have corrected the issue.

We are currently recruiting new staff members and testers!

Staff we're looking for are:

-3D Modelers

-2D Texture Artists

-Animators

If you are interesting in apply please apply in our Recruitment section or PM me here.

The Ultimate Kwisatz Haderach

That's it for this update, be sure to keep following us here, on our site, IndieDB, Facebook and Twitter!

That looks freakily AWESOME! You are doing an immense job here.

The Mongoose: Awesome looks

The Minotaurus: Awesome looks, again!

The Repair Vehicle: Perfectly designed compared to what I have seen before in my entire life.

Q regarding posts.

In some previous posts you have also a list of pictures, but they seem to be locked somehow and don't show. Any chance in reposting them?

Q regarding game.

Is the multi player supported by EA games, or are you going to create your own?

Q regarding game.

Will there be a RTS variant?

Q regarding game.

And please, please get us something to play with :). Sign me up for beta ^^.

Thank you for the very kind comments!

I will look into the image issue and try to repost what I can.

What do you mean by that? The multiplayer will be like C&C Renegade's set bases, but with a lot of new features.

We don't really have any plans for an RTS game, but we'll see what the future holds!

If you wish to be a tester then please come by our forums and apply.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and welcome to blog 120! In this small update we have a great video to show (also in HD) in a push for Indie Game of the Year Top 100!

BFD_ShieldWall

Just the other day some of our testers and dev team got in game to have some fun on one of our smaller maps, Shield Wall. Though not completely finished, it is still a great map to play on with a main vehicle route and an infantry back entrance to the base.

Be sure to watch it in HD!

Indie Game of the Year

Upon reaching the Top 100 for IGOTY, be sure to put in a vote for us! We've made it into the top 100 almost every year and we we need your help to keep voting!

Just simply go to the top 100 IndieDB page here, scroll down to find "Upcoming Games of 2012", click on Tactical Shooters and vote for Battle for Dune: War of Assassins!

The Second Moon

That's it for this short update, keep following us on our site, over on IndieDB, Facebook and Twitter!

when will we see it upp and running??? the screens are awsome!!!! it is very inspiring...

It is up and running :), even though it's not finished yet, it looks also fun in game. All you have to do is to go to their forum and apply for beta tester.