Battle for Dune: War of Assassins

TeamWolf

We never decided which ones in the end though did we?  Are we going to make up the character names, rather than try to tie it into the books?  I think that would be easier.  In which case you'd want Duke Achillus, right? 

This mod looks awsome, but I wonder: how do you get three full factions all on the same map in Renegade?

GDI & Nod would be replaced by Atreides and Harkonnen, duh. Would the mutants be replaced by Ordos? How do you plan on doing this?

And for multiplayer, how would the score info, detailing GDI & Nod player stats (K/D ratios, cash, etc.), be tweaked to list the Atreides, Harkonnen, AND Ordos? How would it all fit on the screen? I'm talking about Renegade ingame HUD, in the upper right screen. I guess matches would have to have more players to fill out each side.

An FPS Free For All between Atreides, Harkonnen and Ordos players would be epic. Top that all off with the subhouse buildings scattered in the desert (get yer Engi's to 'em ASAP!), and roaming, deadly Sand Worms randomly eating ppl; pure win.

This mod looks awsome; I'm very interested in this.

Just please, host reliable, mostly lag free servers. APB's server is sooo laggy for me, although I haven't played it in a while, things might have changed.

*GASP* You're including singleplayer content? A full campaign? THREE full campaigns? MULTIPLAYER PRATICE?!?! FUCKING SWEET, man! Keep up the good work!

Hey, now that I think about it, putting E:BfD stuff in Renegade is just so perfect - they use the same graphic engines! Mostly.

Awsome. Fuck yeah.

All of my comments in this post are positive, in case there's a misunderstanding. Good job.

Woops, misinterpretation, :P

I mean, 3 sides on one map will not be on the first release, though all 3 sides will be in the first release. IT will have to be mix maps, like HArk Vs Atr, Ord vs Hrk, Atr vs Ord..

• 2 weeks later...

After the first release, FED2k should hold some major event where we all go online at the same time and play a few large-scale games of BfD.

Yeah, that sounds pretty cool. I've you've enjoyed our past blogs, and are a fan of Ordos, you might want to keep an eagle eye out for the next few ones ;)

Mongoose looks good, though the wavy bit at the top looks a little odd. It might have been supposed to be there, I might be wrong. Once colour is added, the Sonic Tank would literally blast the shit out of the water.

Can't wait to drive that into a line of Assault Tanks and start pwning them with it.

You know what would be awsome? Melee combat. You could stay true to the Dune novels and add sword fights, with personal energy shields. You'd either be in cover, shooting everything that moves, or have your shields up and charge the enemy to slice him in two. Balancing would be an issue.

The Holtzmen effect, it would be commical to witness it happen in game, lol.

Yeah, the problem with meele fights is that the Renegade engine doesn't understand them. We'de basically have to animatie the motion of a sword swinging, but it would act as a gun, only shooting 1m or so with and invisible projectile. Either way, I'de rather not be in the middle of the map, with only a sword when a Assault tank comes running my way :P

• 2 weeks later...

The buzzsaw could do with an even more jagged edge for extra kick. The chemical trooper is great.

I particularly love the guild quad. It really looks like the Dune II quad. The heavy tank also nicely resembles the Dune II design, but could use a little more detail. At least the wheels could use more detail.

Keep it up guys!

I really like the quad and the Vizier platform, as well as the new Buzzsaw, but I have to saw, I'm not crazy about the Ordos infantry units.  They seem too cartoony, and need more shading and detail (seams and pockets on clothes; dust smears on boots; etc).