The Sands of Time Project: Dune II in 3D

jonadrian619

Hello guys once again!! I've started on a new project, for the Duniverse, here are some details.

I changed Dune: Arrakis Conquest and The Ultimate Rebellion, into a full-scale project and a Total Conversion, and also a renewal for Dune II to cope up with modern gaming standards. I also stored and kept some Arrakis Conquest textures and data I made, and used them for this project.

Dune II, the big-daddy of RTS, will be converted into full 3D, using the 3D engine of Warcraft III.

The 3D models will stay true to the Dune 2000 models, which have more detail than the average Dune II unit. Unit attributes will stay the same as of Dune II.

Also this is not just the old Dune II gameplay, it's a renewal, meaning that there are new features (like unit queues and portraits), new units and also many changes that will be implemented in Dune II's gameplay, all of these to create an entirely new and refreshed gaming experience.

But don't expect some w00tage for now, since our team of modelers, programmers and 2D artists(me) are working on the project.

For now, feedback from Duniverse purists is well appreciated.

Links:

http://www.moddb.com/groups/313/modcraft-3d-team - Modcraft 3D, the group I initiated to create this project and future Conversions.

Oh, one more. When this project is almost done and it needs some pimpage, I'll gonna have to request the admins to host a site for The Sands of Time, maybe when the project is finished many years from now, so that members can have access to many downloads, videos, demos and more.

Thank you!!

~jonadrian619

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah.. But TsoT will have a campaigns for each house, the same as of the Dune 2k camapaigns. There will also be a bonus campaign which takes a player and his chosen house to another planet.

This mod has put my skills to the test. Here I learned how to change Wc3's User Interface using basic programming and editing files.

There will also be Upgrades, things not available in the Westwood Dune games. The Wormrider unit will also be added to this mod, just get one fremen and find a worm to ride.

I'll start working on the project as of January 19 2008. Also check out this mod on Mod DB website to find the latest images I've made.

EDIT: You will need Warcraft III to play this mod. it's because of the heavy filesize and some scripts.

Don't worry, theres a NO-Cd patch released by Blizzard so that you can play this game and Warcraft w/out a CD.

Thanks.. I'll really get serious about this mod. Also take a look at the TSoT page at Mod DB to get a latest update and talk about it..

• 3 weeks later...