Apologies

alchemi2

A quick way for me to say SORRY to the guys i blobbed on the other night, especially Salour for the midgame quit.

Unfortunately my computer literally went up in flame either a faulty floppy drive or mad power supply but once smoke and flames appeared i had to leave, i did warn a few of you that i was experiencing overheating problems and kept shutting down erratically.

Well it forced me to repair with an upgrade

Unfortunately my computer literally went up in flame either a faulty floppy drive or mad power supply but once smoke and flames appeared i had to leave, i did warn a few of you that i was experiencing overheating problems and kept shutting down erratically.

Wow, that is dangerous. Did you do any own modding on your PC or was it just dust? Maybe you should place your fixed PC different to let this not happen again.

Problem was a combination of unusual things, a dust build up in the psu (probably enhanced by recent home improvements)which bridged the fuse. The reset button/auto cut out switch had shorted out in such away as to remain open. Finally my extremely old 3 1/2 inch floppy drive which was also full of dust, fused drawing a shed load of current which basically melted the drives power leads.

Quite spectacular amount of smoke, smell and a small amount flame, luckily the side of the case was off due to the previous fan problem and it was easy to pull out all leads and carry the case out of the house to then smother the problem area.

No real damage done to the rest of the computer, so i had intended to just replace the PSU and a couple of leads BUT as i had been considering an upgrade anyway, I just ended up going a little wild when i saw a decent mother board going at