Duke Nukem Forever

Andrew

Official announcement of teaser trailer

Apparently a teaser trailer is going to be released tomorrow.

A screenshot from the trailer has been uploaded already.

I don't have a forum account there, but from someone on the forum set the image as their desktop background and it looks like this.

I hope they release duke nukem!

Duke Nukem was the best FPS of its time. I hope the new game is lots of fun with great sounds and music. I'm not concerned with best graphics ever.

Oh man I loved Nukem games. I can remember having it on PS and wore out the disc. I'll never forget going into the night club and handing the stripper some cash as she flashed me. Kick-ass FPS for sure. I also loved all the movie references they applied to the game. Alien, Se7en, Silence of the lambs etc.

now we just have to wait another 9 or 10 years until the first playable demo is available  :P

seriously, the game has been announced @ the E3 in 1997 and development started at the end of 1997. still there is now real stuff (like gameplay scenes)... the "trailer" looks not that exciting, but I still hope they will finish the game some day. I loved shooting the strippers back then in the old game  ;D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

[colour=#005FFF]Well this should certainly please some people. 2K Games and Gearbox Software (of Borderlands fame) have taken over development of Duke Nukem: Forever. There's a playable demo at PAX right now, and the game is due for release in 2011.

Could it be that this game finally gets released? :P

Here's the Engadget article for those interested in reading more.

BALLS OF STEEL.[/colour]

[colour=#005FFF]Well this should certainly please some people. 2K Games and Gearbox Software (of Borderlands fame) have taken over development of Duke Nukem: Forever. There's a playable demo at PAX right now, and the game is due for release in 2011.

Could it be that this game finally gets released? :P

Here's the Engadget article for those interested in reading more.

BALLS OF STEEL.[/colour]

If it really gets realised in 2011, this game would've been in the making for 14 years, the same amount of time it took Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy to come out. Weird, isn't?

• 3 months later...

If it really gets realised in 2011, this game would've been in the making for 14 years, the same amount of time it took Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy to come out. Weird, isn't?

I'm a Duke Nuke'Em fan since i was a teenager and this is the game i've been waiting years to get made and it will deliver.

• 3 weeks later...

Huh? Original duke nukem had strippers (not nude though). There was even a nude mod. Not sure how some nudity would make it a bad thing.

Doubt it will live up to the hype (impossible), but hopefully they did some innovative stuff that other projects could not do (due to not wanting to take risks).

Forget if mentioned anywhere, but there is a duke nukem hi res mod that makes original look nicer.

http://hrp.duke4.net/

Huh? Original duke nukem had strippers (not nude though). There was even a nude mod. Not sure how some nudity would make it a bad thing.

Doubt it will live up to the hype (impossible), but hopefully they did some innovative stuff that other projects could not do (due to not wanting to take risks).

Forget if mentioned anywhere, but there is a duke nukem hi res mod that makes original look nicer.

http://hrp.duke4.net/

I do not remember his voice sounding like that, I don`t like it.

No one really cares about the side-scrollers. At least, no one I've talked to.

Holy crap, this is incredible! I really hope this is as good as it looks. I really had no interest, whatsoever, in a Duke Nukem sequel, mostly because all of the stuff I've seen so far look like crap. But this looks ridiculously awesome.

Plus, May 3rd is my birthday!

• 2 weeks later...