just conquered all missions in Dune2000

saspur

I played Atreides first, then Harkonnen and finally Ordos. Missions are quite easy in the first four, and hard in the last three.

Perticularly, Atreides Mission 8, Harkonnen 7 and Ordos 8 are----well, I replayed them several times to get through.

In any of these missions the core objective at the start is defense. If you can stand up to the early assults, victory is coming close as the opponents never protect their harvesters well(of course attacking them will trigger AI attacks).

I use rocket turrets as the core for defense. I build wind trap-refinery-barracks-outpost(and sell immediately)-rocket turrets-second refinery(and then sell in order to get an additional harvester)-more rocket turrets until you nearly cover your opening(I did that in Harkonnen 7 and ordos 8). In mission 8s against Ordos, put infantrys behind entrances and there will be no problem.

Usually I don't build light factory because these vehicles are too light-armored. Combat and Siege tanks are enough for defense. When I have enough units for counter attacks. I order 5-6 quads from starport and search for enemy harvesters. They detroy harvesters very quickly. When enemy comes out, my quads have already left!

When your harvesters are under attack and it's too late to save them, order more harvesters. In Atredies mission 9 I found out I had over 20 of them in the end of game!

In all, Dune 2000 missions are harder than Red Alert. In Red Alert 1, the opponent rarely attacks, allowing me to build numerous tanks and crushing them. :)

• 11 months later...

Missions are quite easy in the first four, and hard in the last three.

This is point-blank FACT!

My normal tactic of getting factories out (and hence, more harvesters) so I can have the finances for backing a good defense (almost) took a dump in the last 3! I must have tried several times before I finally figured out I needed the support of a few cheap troops to keep things stable! Then wind traps and rocket turrets ahoy!

8)

• 3 months later...

What level of difficulty did you complete? I recently introduced my 7 year old son to Dune 2000 and we're having a great time, but I find that the HARD difficulty level is impossible at Atreides Mission 8! Within 15 minutes I am outnumbered 15:1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

What level of difficulty did you complete? I recently introduced my 7 year old son to Dune 2000 and we're having a great time, but I find that the HARD difficulty level is impossible at Atreides Mission 8! Within 15 minutes I am outnumbered 15:1

Lolz,i can complete it with not much problem but i can.(on hard :D)

You have to save often and count every move you make. It is a strategy game where every action you make matters a lot. All missions are playable in the hard level. On Atr. 8 you have to move MCV so you can build 2 refineries 3-4 tiles from the sand. You have to use quickly walls to close S, SW so they come from only one place and then turrets will do the job. Otherwise saboteur and infantry will beat you easily.

build barracks outside base make infantry wall around construction yard make 2 refineries and heavy factories then light factory, quads at beggining are helpful later build tanks, and do harvester hunting all enemies, then..... capture all buldings in map

• 2 months later...