Bring it Back to Life!!!!

Weeman06

What's surprising is how we can go from having over 150 posts one day, then later in the week not even manage to get 20.  Its a shame we cannot have a more consistent amount of posts, especially on a day like today where I'm stuck inside with nothing to do!

Forums mature during lulls in activity.  Those who remain part of the community keep the forum "alive" via quality posts, since quantity is no longer a viable alternative.  Neither is it a decent judge of how "alive" a forum is during these quiet periods.  Therefore, having one or two people posting constantly on every topic is like trying to use candles to illuminate a field at night.

Just wait until the sun rises again, it'll save you a lot of work.  By this, I mean that there will inevitably be another Dune film at some point.  And there will be more Dune games.  And, sadly, there will be more Dune books.  When the activity returns, it will be naturally.  Think of all the people who will be Googling "Dune game forum", or "Dune film forum".

Patience. :)

Good point Dragoon, we are one of the first results that Google provides if you search "Dune games", so when a new one game finally is announced, we are bound to get more visitors.  I guess I just miss the old times when this place was so much more active.

If someone has something to say, they will do so regardless of whether there are lots of posts or not. Loads of pointless posts, on the other hand, might generally scare potential contributors away, leading them to believe their ideas would not be appreciated in such environment.