Bring it Back to Life!!!!

Weeman06

What happened yesterday? Only 36 posts? That is downright disgraceful! Worst day since February.

Then again, Newt, Khan and I didn't go online because we met up in real life, so that might explain it.

Ahh, the benefits of living in the UK.  Close proximity of out of town friends.  How long by car from east to west in the UK?  It takes me 7 hours to get from Kansas City to Dallas by car.  Haven't driven east or west yet, only flown.

What happened yesterday? Only 36 posts? That is downright disgraceful! Worst day since February.

Then again, Newt, Khan and I didn't go online because we met up in real life, so that might explain it.

I was out of my home for the most of the weekends, so go figure.

I believe that given the right quantity we will attract more quality to the site.

I agree.

Yes, we've had a lot more spam recently, but we also had some good discussions (especially in PRP). Before the revolution, we had neither spam nor good discussions. It's better to have both than to have neither.

To be honest, the site has gotten really boring lately...

Please, don't let us detain you. :P

There needs to be a happy medium between spam and the so-called "increased activity".  I, for one, am becoming less inclined to post now than I ever have been.  An excessive amount of posts is going to scare away just as many people as a quiet board.  Or worse, attract people that aren't necessarily... how to put this... welcome?  FED2k material?  Not sure how to phrase it without sounding extreme, but to put it bluntly, we'll attract more spammers than we will people who can hold a decent conversation.

The way I see it, we have more Dune books coming out, and another Dune movie in the works.  We'll get new people naturally.  We don't need 100 posts per day - goals like that just encourage spam.

And yes, it may well be a Scottish thing.  The Scottish don't like to waste things (ergo, Haggis).  This includes wasting breath - if you don't have something terribly important to add to a conversation, then why bother?  It's something to consider.

When I was at my second year of University, we stored all of our rubbish in our kitchen.  Literally all of it.  We piled the bin bags up, almost half way to the roof, because all we took in was junk: pizza, fizzy drinks, etc.  Not healthy, but we didn't care about the kitchen.  It wasn't getting used for anything important (we didn't cook, we used a laundrette, etc.)

Even though all the crap was in another room, it wasn't long before it started affecting the flat as a whole.  The smell, for one thing.  There was no door to this kitchen; just an empty arch.  There was nothing stopping the taint from wafting everywhere.  It was... unpleasant.  Eventually, it was decided that this practice would have to be dealt with - we began to remove the rubbish forcibly.  We threw it out a second-story window into a dumpster below (a process we called a Shooby Doo, in honour of the tune we burbled while performing the act).

The Shooby Doo itself was also unpleasant, but when we had removed all of the rubbish, the entire place was much better for it.  Sure, more accumulated, but we had the situation under control.

Can anyone spot the moral of the story? :P

P.S. All of the above is completely truthful.  Seriously, ask Dante.  He visited the place.

When I was at my second year of University, we stored all of our rubbish in our kitchen.  Literally all of it.  We piled the bin bags up, almost half way to the roof, because all we took in was junk: pizza, fizzy drinks, etc.  Not healthy, but we didn't care about the kitchen.  It wasn't getting used for anything important (we didn't cook, we used a laundrette, etc.)

Even though all the crap was in another room, it wasn't long before it started affecting the flat as a whole.  The smell, for one thing.  There was no door to this kitchen; just an empty arch.  There was nothing stopping the taint from wafting everywhere.  It was... unpleasant.  Eventually, it was decided that this practice would have to be dealt with - we began to remove the rubbish forcibly.  We threw it out a second-story window into a dumpster below (a process we called a Shooby Doo, in honour of the tune we burbled while performing the act).

The Shooby Doo itself was also unpleasant, but when we had removed all of the rubbish, the entire place was much better for it.  Sure, more accumulated, but we had the situation under control.

Can anyone spot the moral of the story? :P

P.S. All of the above is completely truthful.  Seriously, ask Dante.  He visited the place.

I understand the moral... Btw, why didn't you just NOT let rubbish build up by throwing your garbage away in a garbage can...

Please, don't let us detain you. :P

Sorry for speaking my opinion, you basically think the same thing (ie. less meaningful posts = less fun (sometimes)).