Dune 2 and Xp

• 1 month later...

I have neither XP (yet), neither do I have the game, so I can't sort things out for you.

I guess it all may depend on what brand of sound card you have. I've always find that in older games, there's usually an option where you can chose general drivers for the soundblaster and so far, it always seems to work for any type of sound blaster card (new or old).

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I have also trouble with Dune 2 under Windows XP: I can start the game and having no Sound, but Speech on Soundcard. But If I want to have the real Sound an Speech on soundcard. The game wont start. Maybe this depends on the EMM or HiMem ?

I got it working after some tweaking, but I've forgotten how I did it.

But there is a great DOS emulator out on the web that makes Dune II run like it should be:

DOSBox

Download it and install it. Now run Dune II with it (check the DOSBox readme on how do set it all up)

You might want to run the setup.exe of Dune II first to setup a right soundcard, but I believe DOSBox supports almost any soundcard. Just pick the one you think sounds best (some don't support speech however)

(My settings are: Soundblaster Pro, and "yes" on use extended memory)

• 2 weeks later...