Playing PSX Games on the PS2 Console... How?

jonadrian619

I'm now a modder and a PC user, I left my old console-gaming days behind and left it to rot.

But I dusted off a copy of my old Dune 2000 PSX game and Red Alert and also Red Alert Retaliation and many of my favorite PSX console games. Sadly my PSX console was damaged, and my family replaced it to a PS2 console (not my request, I didn't like it either at the first place).

How can I play PSX games on a PS2 console?

Some Notes:

I use both genuine and pirated CD's. My Dune2k CD is pirated, but I want it to be played.

Please tell me the way, step by step.

Thank You in advance. :)

I just researched on this on the Afterdawn forums.

originals, or backups? either way, for ps1 games to play on a ps2, all u gotta do is put in like you are playing an orignal ps2 title, nothing tricky to it. If when u put the game in, the red screen comes up complaining that the disk is invalid, all u gotta do is, leave the disk inside the ps2, hold the RESET until the PS2 goes on standby, and then turn it on again, using the reset power button with the game inside. Works everytime for me and i have a crappy old neo 2.2 chip.

-source; http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/68157

You were right, thanks for the help Caid Ivik. This way I and my friends can play Dune2000 PSX and Red Alert Retaliation.