u gotta see this

I'm not sure if this is the biggest heresy I've said yet, but here goes for an interpretation. It is not my invention:

God is a group of "infinitely" advanced spirits. Those spirits probaly think their way of life is the best, so they build the Universe as a training ground and as Creation for infant spirits to learn.

This would fit with the plural in "Then the LORD God said,"Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil." " as well as explaining the existence of several religions, offering an interpretation of heaven and hell, answering your kings' ruleship:

rule with Christ as kings over mankind ...  being kings and ruling over mankind.  If you disagree with that principle, then you have to take that up with God.  Time and time again Christ spoke of going away to prepare a place in heaven for his disciples

I haven't given it much thought in years, however, beause I would rather look at life as we know it than think of a greater mening in a way that could only be made of baseless fantasy.

As for it being insane that God should resurrect the plebes to less than immortal, not sure why that cries insanity.  But you

• 2 weeks later...

Church rejects interfaith service on its property

So this interfaith service has been going on for 23 years, in which they say everyone of all religious background is welcome. But as soon as the Baptist Church find out Muslims go to the event (and are leading the service this year) they cancel it.

Of course it is a megachurch, so there would be lots of fundies there and profit margins are very important for their multi-million dollar home and assets for the priests. I doubt they would want to offend their congregation by allowing filthy Muslims into a holy building.

This is obviously what Jesus would want. Only tolerate those that follow your religious beliefs. All else are condemned to eternal damnation.

Flowers said she was disheartened by the church's decision. "As a Christian, my first response is, what would Jesus do in this situation?" she said.

Turn his back on others?

With hundreds of people expected to attend and only a few days to find another site, Muslim organizer Shams Siddiqi said they couldn't find another facility. That's when leaders at Congregation Beth Israel, Austin's largest synagogue, offered to host the celebration.

Looks like Jews actually follow the teachings of the bible and Jesus. They helped someone in need, even though they were not Jews.

And of course a funy comic to go along with this post :)

2n121218jhy191215q9eqqh6.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

the lesson taught by the minister yesterday (all lessons are the same in all of its churches in the world) indicates that those who are not members of the church are considered ENEMIES by God... and those who would be kicked out of the religion will be considered as one too....

oh my God,,, God would really consider His children as enemies?  ??? ??? ???

Grimfandango: This isn't the only group bringing much of "we have the right path, so otherwise is bad". I think it exists wherever people adopt strong clear-cut lines (they feel menaced, etc.), whatever if it is in religious or other contexts: "you are with us or against us."

the lesson taught by the minister yesterday (all lessons are the same in all of its churches in the world) indicates that those who are not members of the church are considered ENEMIES by God... and those who would be kicked out of the religion will be considered as one too....

oh my God,,, God would really consider His children as enemies?  ??? ??? ???

Do not confuse creations with children

Grim - I believe that this is all up to you. If you want to believe that you will go to hell if you don't vote for the candidate endorsed by the minister, then do so. If you don't, then don't. It's simpleas that, more or less. But... I realise that this doesn't really solve your dilemma with the church membership and all. All the advice I can give you is to tough it out - I sure don't like going on family trips, but I have to go on one soon - there are just no other options.

Sorry if this is a little bit incoherent.  :-

• 3 weeks later...

quote "then later on, some of their teachings are, uh, unacceptable? like:

1.) using the Biblical characters Annanias and Sapphira as examples, they taught the members that those who would not follow the instructions of the minister will be put in a curse by God... Like the elections here in the Philippines, the members must vote only for the candidates whom the head minister chose... those who wouldn't follow will have a curse or whatever that is...

2.) only those who are members of that church will be saved...

3.) those who are not will be burned in Hell..

4.) the church was founded in world war I

5.) so, the question: if that church is the only way to salvation, and it was founded in world war I, what happened to the souls of those who died BEFORE WORLD WAR I? especially the victims of the Holocaust..."

Dude, your religion is so Fu(ked up... ???

Grim, I'm not a christian in any way or shape so it's up to you what you're going to do with my advice.

Considering your minister: isn't it absurd to claim that only 2,000 years after the crucification the one church wich has the monopoly of salvation emerges?

In the past I've been curious about Christianity and I've read the New Testament and parts of the Old Testament. I always was of the opinion that if the God described really exists, nobody alive is more qualified than any other person to decide what "God wants" and that anyone claiming that he knows the truth and that you're going to hell for thinking differently requires a lesson in humility. Him deciding who you have to vote for under the threat of sending you to hell if you don't listen is nothing more than coersion backed by an empty threat.

I'd advise you to look for a different church.