DUNE 3000-  What I think

sniper

I think DUNE 3 should be a totally new game experience from WW. Overhead views of the game scene and just clicking units and attacking a base is just TO DAMN BORING AND DONE ALREADY! I would like to see more gameplay and less attack and defend. First off, I like the idea of not having everything on just Dune, but instead also Atreides attacking Geidi Prime and such. More out of the planet type thing. And, most important, i want the Dune 3 to be like FORCE COMMANDER. I mean the same idea, with everything 3D. But a lot better than FC. Better graphics, units, and control. IMAGINE, Dune 3K in 3D, with wind blowing sand, a dessert scene, worms in 3d, a lot of dunes, and cliffs, and so on.

WW must go away from its C&C type games. They do get boring and suck too. Dune 2k was awsome, i think it is the best WW game yet. But I hope Dune3k will be better. And, to sum it all up, this game should be more MACROMANAGEMENT, and not micromanagement. I hate just building units and attacking. It should be you get a set amount of units, and use those units you have. And, I think resource management should be changed. You should mine spice for the purpose of just having it, not for building units. You should have a set army when you go into a mission, and spice will give you more "points" to buy units for the next mission.

-SNIPER

I mean I want the game to be in a perspective like this. I think this is by far the coolest Dune2k shot there is. Imagine the ingame of Dune3k being like this, of course with the ability to control all your units, and there will be less units. Because in real war, there are not going to be a gazzilion tanks attacking.

http://www.dune2k.com/images/misc/big-imarch.jpg

Actually, there IS a Dune RPG. It's called Dune 1. It's pretty old though... Like most people here, I'm an absolute strategist. All my games (with 2 exceptions) are RTS. If the next Dune game would be a RPG, I wouldn't buy it. As for RPS, I'm still thinking. Remember Blizzard is Westwood's worst enemy. Why shouldn't Dune 3000 be RTS? Dune game MEANS RTS. Dune 2 was the very first RTS, it would look strange for the grandfather of this whole genre to "switch sides". Besides, what's wrong with Tiberian Sun? I'd like dune3k to be like that.

Having a strategy game is also fine. BUT, I would want it to be different than the common WW style games. I want it to be 3D, and macromanagement type game. I want it to be like Force Commander, only better because it is in Dune perspective!

When I say RPG I am refering to the kind you play with dice. The was Dune RPG of that sort as well, it was more strategy than anything, not a true "Role-palying" game. In my RPG the players assume their characters who work for one of the new houses. They are sent to Arrakis to try achieve certain goals and basically get caught up in all of the plans within plans. All the while trying to stay alive an unnoticed.

Guest psychoman

I know theres alot of C&C lovers out there, but when I got tiberian Sun I was dissapointed,

Sure th 3d terain looks great but the unit design looked crap,hence the reason why I think dune3k should have its own engine.Have you looked at the red alert 2 scrreenshots? They look pretty crap.

I wonder what doesn't look crap to you... it seems you're dissapointed about everything. I suggest trying Homeworld. It's got the best graphics I've ever seen. It can't say much about the game though... The point is: the graphics aren't everything. They have to be very good, not absolutely perfect. The gameplay is everything. I ask again: what's wrong with TS?

Guest Dune 3000

Hey, have any of you seen screens of Dark Reign 2? They look to cool! That game is going to be good! At the begining of this topic, I said that I want it to be 3D. Thats what I mean about 3D. Where YOU SEE WHAT THE UNIT SEES. And, the camera could be adjusted a bit. But the one thing I want in the next Dune is macromanagement. That is, having only a few units (10-20 at most), and each of those units have a lot of qualities and abilities. And, of course, each unit is important. With perspective like Dark Reign 2, you can create a lot of strategy aspects. Such as ambush, there is true line of sight, and hey, imagine Dune (the planet) in that perspective.

Westwood needs to try something different than having the same old boring "over head view, millions of units, go destroy a base". It needs to be different. That is what makes a great game.

REMEMBER: The whole reason Dune 2: Building of a Dynasty was such a good game was becasue it was revelutionary. It was new, and it was amazing. The next Dune game should be like this. It should be a tottally new gaming experience. WW shouldn't trash the Dune liscnece like they did with Dune 2k. It needs to be something different, something new!

-SNIPER

You don't understand, do you? You don't want a RTS, you want a RPG or a RPS. You want the next Dune game to be a RPS or RPG. I completely dissagree. First of all, the Dune games from WW don't have much to do with the novels. Second, in the gaming world, Dune MEANS real-time strategy. To make a Dune RPG would be like making a Need for Speed RPG. In other words, no good at all. We can hardly convince Westwood to make another Dune game.. How do you expect to convince them to make a Dune RPG? Try playing Nox. I love strategy. I'm an absolute strategist. I hate RPG and RPS. Real-time strategy doesn't just mean "overhead view, milions of units, go destroy their base". Just look at 3D RTS games in space like Homeworld. Just look at the special tanya missions in RA. Just look at most missions in Tiberian Sun. Real strategy isn't about having just a few units. That's called commando strategy. Play Commandos behind enemy lines! That's a commando strategy game. Dune 3k doesn't need to be something new, it needs to follow the way created by it's grandfather, Dune 2. It needs to be something different, but along the same way! Ya hya chouhada! Long live real-time strategy!