i'm in big trouble

fremen59

i'm rather disturbed @ the moment. i can't play dune 2000 anymore. i had to take it off for a moment. then i reinstalled it. i was able to play it for a while then, i tried to open it, and i got an error message involving Dune.dat

i went into my file manager and found that all my .dat files had mysteriously been transformed into media files. i switched it to 'associate with no particular file type' and reinstalled the game. it still won't work.

i'm rather disturbed @ the moment. somebody pls help me. Westwood hasn't--yet

Im also having problems, i installed the game and played for a few weeks, then mysteriously, the game no longer worked. I reinstalled the game some 30 times and i try to start the game. All i get is a black screen. then when i click, it sends me to a messed up windows screen (the resolution is lower) and the game absolutely will not start, i have tried different ways of installing and that does not work either.

running on: pentium II 133 mhz; 64 MB RAM; 3DFX Banshee GFX accel.; and have over 500 MB free hard disk space

thats another problem, my direct x is supposed to only update if an older version is present right?

well, it doesnt, it will install an older version, unless i tell it not to. and i dont think i have any other version other than the one that came in the box

thanx ya'll for your help

i'm currently downloading DirectX 7.0a Full Installation

Before the game started messing up, I installed an old game. I have no memory of doing so, but apparently i installed DirectX 4.6

I installed Dune2k's DirectX 5.0 but the game still wouldn't work. Let's see if DirectX 7.0a does anything.

Now, about this file association--what should I associate .dat files with? I've just set it for NONE. Is that right?

Glory Hallelujah!

I'm back in action! Thanx ya'll

Funny, this whole problem appeared the day Prima announced Dune 3000 strategy guide. I was gonna jump on WWO and give the word about it--i guess it's a little too late now ;=)

Anyway, thanx for the help--i'm just a highschool freshman. Now, it's time to re-download all the Dune stuff I had before...