Dune 2000 is stupid

Guest Was Baron Harkonnen

Guest Was Baron Harkonnen

WOW!!! This game is still going? Don't see people much in multiplayer. Dune 2000 should have been dead by now. The game was screwed with Red Alert engine and cheap ass units. Oh well, how is WoA doing? Is that clan dead also?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FIRESNAKE

How can you ever say that Dune200 is stupid?????

it's the best game I ever played (sounds a bit extreme but it's still my favourite)

-FIRESNAKE

• 4 weeks later...

I must say, Flying Fatman, that this game is not on RA engine, d2k has quite a few gameplay differences and the only reason that they were made in a similar way was because the C&C line did so well the first time around (RA is one if not the biggest selling RTS games in history)

• 2 weeks later...

Umm... When I look back. As stupid as D2K game was. It did its job great. And that's because that games I really like, I replay from time to time to get the feel back.

I never replayed Tiberian Sun or Starcraft (Not that something was wrong with them) but Dune did attract and I played the Harkonnen just 2 months ago again.

So that's why the site is still alive... Dune has a charm, and until WW won't feed us with tons of Dune shit we will be hungry and keep coming to see what Gobalopper has to write even though no actual news exist.

=)

-Shiroko

With the possibility of Dune 3000 on the horizon, (somewhere... maybe if you squint a little... okay... well, I'm sure it's out there somewhere) gives a very real reason why we are all still here looking at this site. There is still new news about Dune. This site isn't exactly just about the game.

Dune 2 created a new genre, RTS. It doesn't matter how Dune 2k is. It's the "child" of the classic Dune 2. It will ALWAYS have lots of fans. I'm one of them. I've been a Dune fan for over 6 years now.