Install Directory error

mustaju

After installing the game, I get the message "you must run the game from its install directory" ; also, there seems to be a problem with the registry - under the registration entries it states that the registry file is not valid.

My computer is rather new -

1.6 GHZ Windows Xp,

1024 RAM

ATI Radeon Xpress 1100.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

After installing the game, I get the message "you must run the game from its install directory" ; also, there seems to be a problem with the registry - under the registration entries it states that the registry file is not valid.

My computer is rather new -

1.6 GHZ Windows Xp,

1024 RAM

ATI Radeon Xpress 1100.

This sounds like a registry error. Find something like http://www.winaso.com/ and run it, then run the game. Registry cleaners are pretty nice, but underrated. If it still doesn't work, try uninstalling, then reinstalling into a folder inside your desktop. Installing programs into places like Program Files can be a problem for some older games these days b/c of Administrator rights, and this game is old enough to be one of them. (I STILL can't run it on my comp for unknown reasons, lol)

The free version of WinAsoRegistry Optimizer only removes 10 errors at a time, so make sure you only scan one section of your comp at a time (there's a button u can press to tell it where to scan, out of 10 or so sections, instead of the whole thing). Just run it over and over, picking different sections until you're clear of registry errors. It takes a little while, but its better doing this once a month for 10 minutes than paying 30 bucks for it.

*edit* I should mention that if your version of the game isn't run from an actual CD, you're a LOT more likely to have the sort of problem you seem to be having, and the chances of it coming back go up : ( If your game isn't running off a CD, I would burn it to a CD. I have had problems with other games when trying to use no-CD cracks or similar programs to allow for the same effect.