Info Request

Siridar

Hi All:

Been messin' with EBFD for about a month now.It's my first RTS game,and it's wonderful.

I've been a Dune fan for many years.Read them all,including the prequels.

Got my game off Ebay without a manual,and I'm having trouble with gameplay.

I've searched this and other sites for instructions,and read many walk throughs.Is there a detailed online manual available? I need something that will explain how some actions are taken.For instance,how do you order an advanced carryall to pick up/put down a unit.

Thank You

Press the V key I think it is, with the target unit selected.

Or was it B key ? :P I forget.

As for the manual, I am not sure there is an electronic copy around, but someone did produce a keyboard map of the actions to be placed on a keyboard so as to help in game.

Good luck.

Thanks for the answers.

The keyboard map sounds interesting.

I searched for it here,but no joy.

Probably won't be happy until I have an actual manual.Serves me right for buying a copy w/o one.Kinda thought there would be a manual included on one of the CDs. Guess I'll have to save up and buy another game off Ebay.

Best to All!

The manual is honestly not very useful.  It has a hot key list, but it's missing a few and it doesn't provide any additional information on the commands except creating teams, which is hopefully self-explanitory, and that force firing can be used to attack frendly or neutral units, or the ground.

In the game you can view a full command list by looking at the keyboard options.  The only thing it's missing is attack-move (Ctrl+Shift and click) because that was added in a patch. 

It also has a unit list, but some of the information about units is questionable.  Anything you might learn from it you would learn better from this site or from experience.

In the game you can view a full command list by looking at the keyboard options.  The only thing it's missing is attack-move (Ctrl+Shift and click) because that was added in a patch.

Yep Jeff, he covered it there.

The only thing it's missing is attack-move (Ctrl+Shift and click) because that was added in a patch.

And that'll explain why it took me a while to work that one out !  ::)

Just saying thanks again,and have another question re: the patch to ver. 1.09 .

Can someone tell the main reason for the patch?

E.G. Is it just some small fixes,or something major?

Patches often have unintended consequences making some wish they had never applied them,so I'm wondering about this one.

FYI: The game is hot on Ebay.

Last 6 or so offerings went for $31-$44.Only about half of them had manuals.Two claimed to be brand new,in shrinkwrap.Gotta wonder if those are overseas copies.

It happens. 0/!?

Best to all,and thanks for any info.

Got my game off Ebay without a manual,and I'm having trouble with gameplay.

FYI: The game is hot on Ebay.

Last 6 or so offerings went for $31-$44.Only about half of them had manuals.Two claimed to be brand new,in shrinkwrap.Gotta wonder if those are overseas copies.

I am a little confused - without the UK manual you cant install the software as it is where the licence key is written, was this different for other countries?

As for my replacement earlier this year (CD-ROM drive blew up my Atreides disk) I just bought from an Amazon marketplace retailer (

The key for my copy was on the printed insert located inside the back of the CD case.

Did you apply the patch to either copy?

If so,with what results.

Your sig says:

"Conflict of the Landsraad - 95% complete - release July 2007!"

May I ask what this is,please?

I always apply the 1.09 version to EBFD (I have reinstalled a number of times over the years).

It allows you to play online with everyone else (not that I do), access user-made maps, and have the best rules tweaks (unit stats for some units were not right in earlier patches).

As for Conflict of the Landsraad, see Dune Editing for more details, basically it is a total conversion for EBFD that I have been working on for three years and finally have finished (final testing in process). I expect to put it up for download during July.

WOW!

That sounds way cool!

Am looking forward to the release.

One last question re: the 1.09 patch,please.

Does it apply ok when you have multiple games saved?

If not I'll probably wait till I clear them.

Thanks!