Flaws in dune2k storyline

Mahdi

Well, i am bored so I decided to make a total A$$ of myself and point out some big flaws in dune2k's sory line. I am focusing on the outlawing of "thinking machines", one of the biggest laws in the imperium. The ordos are the only ones to break it, importing such devices from the ixians. Even the Harks stayed away from that stuff, and they broke the great convention by using atomics against humans! But if you think about it, missiles are controled by navigational systems, which are "thinking machines", otherwise they would go out of control, which means that misile tanks, quads, and deathhands should all be illegal.

Does anyone else notice the irony in this game? How we have to use the most illegal creation in the duneverse to play it?

Guest Solid Snake

Computer are not banned in the Dune universe. It's computers that think for themselves. Like CABAL, the Nod AI from TS.

Not to mention that Death Hands are what are refered to as "Tack Nukes" for tactical nukes. In the real world, tack nukes are fired and then soldiers and tanks rush in to finish of the survivors. They are low yeild and have little lasting repercussions. I haven't heard of any actully senario where they have been used, but I am aware they we and the Russians developed them during the cold war (underwritten by the fact that we had nukes they could obliterate the world as opposed to just a battlefield)

About missles. No all missles require comuters to aid them. Low damage types do not. Like Katyushuts, missles developed by Russia in WW2 and used now by Lebanese Guerillas. It is just fired from a truck payload into the air and hopefully you would want to hit something.

Cruise missles are a type that do require computer aid, also a missle from a jet, they need radar.

Well, then I stand corrected. I am not an expert on military weapons and as far as I knew all misisles had to have a guidance system, at least the one's on misile tanks and quads.