I admitted it...

stefanhendriks

Starting over? How depressing :(

I'm 16 and I plan on doing C# / C++ in the near future (it sounds possible to me. I already program in a more basic language and want to move up sometime). I'm a Linux/OSS supporter and I think that contributing to D2TM would kick ass. Will there still be a motivated development team in 2009? Because I'm pretty crappy at programming right now :'(

Also, does anyone in the development team use Linux to help with D2TM? If so, is it any harder?

Depressing? Heck no, its more motivating since you can do everything 'different', hopefully better!

I develop on Windows and on Mac. Looks like everything i compile at my Mac OS immidiatly seems to compile on Linux. There is someone else who contributes by keeping it compilable on Linux.

Hello Stefan. Although there's very little I can do to help you right now, I countenance your will to change your project for the better :) I'm sure you'll enjoy using your grown programming knowledge and improved skills while redoing D2TM, and wish you luck. If there's anything more I can do to help, you just tell ;)

I agree with that. Its a cyclic process, of constant improvement. If that means to scrap the entire source code and restart it, then so be it.

Btw, i have made quite some progress due the fact i could code at work. (i was allowed to, since there where some problems)

And anyone can see the code and try it out.

• 1 month later...

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: I started developing this on a mac. Later on Windows. I have somebody else keeping an eye for me to keep it compiiling on Linux (though i could do it myself, i have a linux computer somewhere).

Recently i have been developing on Windows/DevCPP a lot. But, as i have a mac i can grab the source and make it compile there again.

Once it is released, it will be released for: Windows , Mac and Linux at once.