TV companies suck

Andrew

Breaking Bad is one of the best drama show on tv right now.

If anyone hasn't watched it yet, try it.

I havn't seen mad men yet, but will soon.

Scifi just cancelled Caprica, and won't be showing the rest of the first season. So that turned out to be a waste of my time watching.

Gee I wonder why ratings for caprica were bad. They took a 6 month break in FIRST SEASON. I'm pretty sure that is what happened to Jericho.

Execs are stupid. "Hey guys lets air 9 episodes of first season, take 6 month break, hope everyone remembers the show, and finish the first season"

Also

"Hey turns out the 6 month break was bad idea. We already spend all the money making the last 10 episodes, but lets not bother airing last 5 episodes and instead put on wrestling"

Maybe Caprica wasn't great, but from what I hear it is better than most other stuff they air on scifi.

I really enjoyed what I saw of Caprica. It was gritty and interesting, particularly with only seeing the 1970's BSG. I really enjoyed the polytheistic society and how it was being shaken by monotheistic fanatics. Plus it made a job for James Marsters (although I didn't really feel him in that role, or many of other roles I've seen him in. Actually, I've pretty much hated the majority of Joss Whedon's actors outside of Whedon roles, with the exceptions of Nathan Fillion in practically everything I've seen him in, and Alexis Denisof in Dollhouse-- his accent was so... unnerving). I'm really disappointed in SyFy (bleh) for this. At least they gave the Dresden Files a full season run (which, granted, wasn't half as good as the books).

Who knows, maybe they'll make a Cerberus 2 (3? 4?).

Lucky me I guess. I waited for Caprica to completely air and now I won't even bother watching the episodes that have already been out. I really hat it when they take long breaks and then wonder why they lose viewers afterwards. How stupid can a tv company be?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for a complete collection of A&E's "Cold Case Files" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_Case_Files). I haven't had any luck so far though :(

I'm also looking for a complete collection of the show "Forensic Files". Not luck there either. I almost have all the episodes in the german format (it's called medical detectives here) but it's really annoying to have the speaking person's voice reduced in volume and a (bad) german voice translate. Also the translation often is not very good. Sometimes you can hear the persons finish their sentences and you know they did a bad job translating. So the original format would really be appreciated (although I now know almost all of the cases already).

• 3 months later...

And of course, Syfy, if that even means science fiction anymore, has cancelled Stargate: Universe. The show was better than 'Atlantis', but not as good as the original. So let's see, on Syfy, there is wrestling, wrestling, and more wrestling.

I experienced some cable this last week while my wife and I were staying in a hotel. It was almost nice enough for me to think about getting cable again.

Agh, but Netflix is so much better...

It is all a part of a plan of the world dictatorship to brain damage the masses. They will only serve them s**t. Expect the condition to deteriorate in the near future. Media will become mere propaganda tools and free internet will be the next target. Hold fast my brothers because your deliverance is near.