TV companies suck

Andrew

ok, I wasn't sure if the ralph bucks was a one time thing or not. Now that I think of it I remember someone telling me he essentially bought votes with it (sending out a government cheque to every albertan before an election...).

Stay classy "get a job" Ralph. :D

Yep, and in my family we took the money, paid bills with it, and voted Liberal/Green in the next election.  ;D

I've heard the people in Alaska get an annual payout of over $1000 per person -- regardless of age -- due to oil revenues. We've been lobbying the Alberta government for a similar program for years, but they keep saying they can't afford it.

Maybe if they weren't propping up all the horse racing tracks...  >:(

• 1 month later...

After getting my new 25" LCD monitor I've been searching for a site that has T.V. shows available for watching online. I've found many sites that offer some episodes here and there but last week I stumbled onto a site that has both T.V. episodes and movies with no commercials. If anyone else has anything similar to this one please post a link as I am always searching for more sites like this....http://www.surfthechannel.com/cat/television.html

At the top of this page mouse over were it says videos to choose movies or t.v. shows and it has tons of t.v. episodes,movies,documentaries,music,cartoons,anime and sports.Like I said no commercials although many use subtitles.For simply watching a show or movie it's pretty damn nice.

Wow!  ;D Thanks for posting this link -- I clicked on a random episode of "Are You Being Served?" and saw scenes I hadn't known existed! Apparently they were excised from the PBS broadcasts, although I can't think why. They weren't any worse than the stuff that got left in.

• 1 month later...

So... it' starting again. I watched the new episodes of prison break yesterday and teminator also continued. fell in love with summer glau again immediately  ;D

new season of heroes is alo starting soon and also lost and some more shows will be back over the next few weeks

I saw Terminator. It wasn't bad, but it's confusing because I missed a few first season episodes.

However... there's going to be a Terminator marathon this coming weekend -- the ENTIRE FIRST SEASON!  ;D So I'll be able to get caught up with no trouble at all!  :)

the first episode of season 2 was okay. nothing very special but some nice quotes like that:

Cameron: Faith isn't part of my programming.

Sarah: Yeah well, I'm not sure it's part of mine either

and besides... no matter how bad the episode, as long as summer glau looks that good even if she is bashed up like she was in that episode... who gives a damn about the story? well, I don't  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what to think about the new heroes season so far. It's quite good but on the other hand it's a bit like season 1 only bigger (the world instead of new york). also it seems to have a bit too much x-men in it (hunted mutants living in the underground) and I don't like the new villains who are just like the "we needed some bad guys this time". I really like sylar who is an evil character but still has a lot of style and coolness. the new villains are just a bunch of bad guys without any depth of character. so... I will of course be watching the following episodes but I really hope they turn it into something good.

the terminator episode this week was pretty lame, except for cameron of course  ;)

I really like the new prion break episodes so far but on the other hand I hope they end the show with this season. they should get more deeper into the plans of the company and bring it down then and finish the show. It's a good one, but you can't run the show forever just because it is popular.

• 2 weeks later...

Heroes was good tonight.

But it is getting so messed up I don't know what they can do with it. They reversed roles of good and evil, and it seems no matter what happens everything is FUBAR.

The time travelling totally messes with everything. Especially in this recent episode.

small spoiler question that doesn't give away specifics and actually happens about once every 2 episodes

[hide]I completely don't realize why Peter needs the new power to save the world. Maybe I missed the part where it was explained?

[/hide]

the latest episode of heroes was good. the time travelling is indeed an issue though it still follows a strict line so far. still a lot of things are messed up... I really enjoy sylar, he was my favourite right from the beginning (maybe because I'd be like him and try to "learn" new powers all the time by killing the other heroes  ::) ) and I also like him as one of the good ones. the actor plays the character really good in my opinion. unlike claire e.g. who can't be taken serious as a baddie and putting tons of makeup on her face won't make her look that much older.

I also think they shouldn't bring too much new characters into the show (even if they die the same episode) but bring back some of the old characters. what about micah or monica who learned everything she saw or claire's flying boyfriend. all these characters are missing so far (except for micah having a short appearance).

the terminator this episode was another filler episode in my opinion. I think the problem with this show is: it's somehow good but the real story is missing. I mean, we get a lot of filler episodes but no real storyline like "let's do this or let's do that to stop skynet". in the first season there was more of this (chasing the turk) and right now the show is just a bunch of new episode. of course the episode last week was my favourite with cameron/allison... made me fall in love with her even more and brought up some interesting questions about the future john connor, like "did he fall in love with allison because of cameron being present in the past" and stuff like that. still... we need a more consistent storyline here. It'd be very sad if the cancelled the show but I can understand why some people maybe don't watch it anymore.

prison break on the other hand is quite interesting again. there are some things that are bothering but it's still a good show. but if they don't put a final end to the show this season with all that is going on right now, I doubt I will watch another season. right now there are already a lot of things that don't make that much sense if you look back to the first and second season but it's still exciting.

I haven't started watching the nex dexter episodes. I remember how hard is was with season 2 to wait for another week. so this time I will wait until the season is over and then watch the whole season without a break on a boring saturday afternoon/evening/night  ;D

• 3 weeks later...

I think they created far more questions than they solved. I enjoy the show but the episode this week was really bad in my opinion. worst episode of the current season.

I'm excited about the next terminator episodes. last week's episode was finally a good one regarding the main storyline. hopefully they continue this way and don't produce too much filler episodes (which can be great too sometimes but just don't add anything to the big plot).

unfortunately no terminator and no prison break episode this week. so back to the topic "tv companies suck": this is another reason why they suck. sometimes they just skip one or two weeks and show the next episode 14-21 days after the the last one. but they still keep wondering how they could lose viewers. how about this idea you morons: first you write and produce all episodes of a season, then you put it on tv. every week one episode. no "we'll skip this week" and no "let's do a fall/winter break" in the middle of the season and start showing the next episodes in 2,3 or even 4 months. I'm sure more people would watch good shows then.

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped watching new shows right from the beginning and wait until at least one season is out because of that reason. there were too many shows in the past that I liked a lot and which got cancelled during the season. vanished was very good for example. also day break which they at least brought to a satisfiying ending on the website. but shows like jericho can also happen: 1 season complete but with an enormous cliffhanger and then there's no season 2. fortunately they made some more episodes of jericho after the "nut-prostest".

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Heroes is starting to annoy me with the constant turns and twists.

I haven't watched the new season of 24 or Lost yet - I want to wait till all episodes haven been aired and watch those in a 1 day marathon. Although I'm not so sure about 24 - no season since the 3rd has been really good.