Poll: Favourite Dune house

minniat

Here I wish to see which house of Dune is the most popular.

Results at 02.10.2007

The options are:

• Atreides..**(2 votes)
  • Harkonnen.***(3 votes)
  • Ordos.....*(1 vote)

Secondary houses:

• Sardaukar.
  • Fremen....*(1 vote)
  • Mercenary.**(2 votes)

I will count Your votes and make a list of popularity.

My personal tip is Harkonnen. :) Thanks for response.

I presume this is in the wrong board?

What game are you referring to?

Official Dune does not have Ordos or mercenary. :)

And if a poll was made, many more factions could be used such as the factions present in each book.

Hello.

I refer to games: Dune 2 and Dune 2000.

What do You mean by factions and what board should I use?

Sorry for embarrassment :'(

I've never liked Atreides too, and I think the best Atreides (out of Dune 2/2000/Emperor) are those in Dune 2, 'cause the sonic tanks don't damage one another.

I think my favorite House is Ordos, both in terms of gameplay and House style. Lack of Missile Tanks in Dune 2 adds some challenge to playing Ordos, and in Dune 2k they've got Edric O ;D

My second favorite House is Harkonnen, but I somewhat dislike their pinky color in Dune 2000, as opposed to bright-red of Dune 2. In Dune 2, they are good because they have only the strongest units, and don't build useless stuff. And the Death Hand is the strongest superweapon, no doubt.

As for the secondary Houses, they're mostly one-to-one correspondences with the regular Houses, save for the colors:

Fremen - Atreides

Mercenary - Ordos

Sardaukar - Harkonnen

there are missing house smugglers

i like mercenaries but they have no conyard and refinery in ordos mission 7 ,8 and in one map they dont have cnyard on mission 9,  second map has  mercs with conyar and other stuff, but i think destroying mercenaries is pointless, ofc u can capture their refineries and siloses and other bulding but why, just to gain some credits??  i do always support mercenaries with 50% of their army

if merc send to enemy  10 tanks  4 trikes    6 quads 4 missile tanks 5 troopers & light infantry

i send  5 tanks 2 trikes 3 quads 2 missile tanks and 3 troopers and 3 standard infantry. tha way somehow  mercs took out  whole harkonnen base

second hint..  capture one silo to  wall up mercenary base,  but u need protect merc base or they betray, put some rocket turres around,  bring few tanks etc.,  when  mercs done throught starport huge amount of units,  remove walls and watch their legion of army to destroy enemy.dont forgt to send  some of your army otherwise  they do same as above..  that way i can wipe out  whole hark and emperor base  just with mercenary, i take out enemy harvesters and mercs are taking buldings..  later all its gone, problem is with atreides,  they can use airstrike to take out starport so  keep few turrets  on  aft side and  after starport.

there are missing house smugglers

Well technically neither the smugglers nor the fremen, mecrenaries or even Sardaukar are "Houses". IMHO, what is really missing in Dune 2000 are the civilians ("people of pan and graben") that could add some more diversity to the singleplayer missions.

• 3 months later...

My fav is Atreides, but it depends on my mood. If I feel like hammering I choose Harks: If I feel like a challenge - I choose Ordos; If I feel like playing with finesse - I choose the Atreides. Sometimes I go to multiplayer and choose practice. Choose random maps and other parameters, and just play the game that way. Had some laughs with 6 players on a 2 player map. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Harkonnens. Their units are devastating. I used to enjoy playing the Ordos because of the cool unnit voice acknowledgements, but the lack of a convenient way to get missile tanks (the Starport is not very friendly at times) made playing it too difficult for me, because missile tanks have always been pivotal in my attempt to siege and destroy bases (the siege tank never seemed adequate to me for some reason). Their ability to build sardaukar just makes things better. Ordos Stealth Raider is useful for a while, though I would be moving away from the raider/trike business eventually. Atreides Grenadiers are too prone to killing themselves and nearby friendly infantry.

When it comes to online play, Atreides is the only way to go. Atreides is the most versatile house of the 3 and when played right, I believe, will always out-do the other 2. The most fun class though, I believe, is Ordos because of their fast paced style. I never really did like Harkonnen, they're just way too slowwwwwwwwww.

I like Atreides because of the style of their structures and their Airstrike capabilities.

I like the Harkonnen because of their Devastators, which can deal equal damage to everything. The Devastator may be as slow as a snail, but powerful. Their suicide thingy is quite effective. Just make 3 devastators commit suicide adjacent to an emeny Con. Yard with full health ant it'll be destroyed!

I like the Ordos because of their Deviator. Vulnerable but insidious, it can turn the tide of battle, especially when your opponent is fond of USING vehicles 8). I also like their tricky Saboteurs. Just have atleast 10 of 'em and running towards the enemy base invisible and their economy will be crippled greatly.

I like the fremen because they're invisible. Effective against surprise attacks. And when you've got an army of Fremen then it will be a nice battle against the opponent.

The Sardaukar.. well they are similar to Light Infantry and slower, except that their health and attack damage are higher.

OFFTOPIC: This may not be a house but I like the Sandworms most!! They make me laugh, especially 3 sandworms consuming 3 harvesters at the same time, whether it's mine or my opponent's.

Sonics are particularly effective against Devastators. The key is to use cheaper units to defeat them. Missile tanks, with some trikes as decoys, take down Sonics with ease. Granted, you lose some trikes, but it's much better than losing a devastator. The slowness of the devastator is one of the reasons why it gets picked off easily by Sonics - because Sonics can deal a lot of damage from a range.

Yes, I said trikes. That's how weak the Sonics are.

I disagree Jersky about the Harkonnen part. There are ways to take out sonics and when done right, Harkonnen strength wins the battle. Its just comes down to the player i guess, trix for example.

Heh, back right before Dune died Trix started playing Dune and I remember TankTrix asking me for Build Orders and how the #(*$ I built so fast. Harkonnen was never a problem for a good Atreides player because when used right, you wouldn't let your Sonics kill your own units. Back when Dune was played right, Harkonnen players hardly ever even built Devastators. So to rebut your comment Ophirus, Harkonnen strength does not win the battle but it's Atreides versatility that does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Jerski, Tanktrix got much better since your times

To me it seems no one really bothered to learn other houses than Atreides. I experimented with them a little and in 1v1 on XL map it just comes down to the player I guess. There is a lot of space, so you can use a lot of strategies by any houses.

Haven't experienced many 2v2's lately, but Atreides is doing a bit better there due to lack of space, no brain play like putting sonics on focus fire and jamming the canyons is a way to defend against hark and ordos, but is not a winning move either.