Hello

Nikolai

I'm not aware of Emporer's status quo in terms of its player base, and what the forum customs are for introducing new players, but I feel inclined to say that I'm ready and willing to join the player base and add another able player to the theatre of Arrakis and beyond.

In short, hello community.  My name is Nikolai, and I would like to play a game of Emporer.

If anyone sees this in a short period of time, why don't you reply with a time you'd like to play, or send me a message on MSN?  I'm almost certain I have everything prepped to play.  In the meantime, I think I'll go practice in a skirmish.

hey nikolai,

good to see new players still giving it a go,

dont let the rumours of these so called 'elite' players get in your way..

they're just old legends told to new players to try intimidate them...

if you ever hear a story about someguy called jeff or pearl or apo or even spaze...

dont worry, they dont really exist...as i said they're just stories people made up to make the game indefinately harder for all...  but time fades even legend....

msn me if your game, ill play yas, i just dont see much action on the server these days...

maybe tell me where u guys r so i can set my world clock??

I live in America.  GMT -6:00.

And those rumors actually are true.  My first match was with something named viking.  The match yielded nothing more than my total obliteration from a Harkonnen buzzsaw rush I didn't think possible.

But that's not going to discourage me.  The only doubt in my mind is that more conventional tactics may not be applicable.

Now your jumping the gun! Noone has answered my question about if their tides had turned soon enough like you said which means "NO" there tides DID NOT turn SOON. So not everyone is good like you!

No disrespect nikolai but It will take sometime for you to learn in your own natural time may it be SOON enough. ::) :P

Last time I was around there was some kid by the name of kingpoker who seemed to catch on pretty fast.  But lets not give Nikolai the same chance.

eh, he didn't catch on that fast but its jsut about playing with caliber players for a while to see what they do, and what u can make your own. sot hat you can form a style of play.

Steaming streams of shit, guys.  Did you all forget to take your midol?  Chill the hell out, I don't care whether some doofus tells me I won't catch on.

For the more welcoming people out there, thanks, and I do look forward to many games.

And for the reused tampon crowd, you have no chance to discourage me.  Winning or losing, it's just a game.  This is the one thing that I'll actually teach YOU.  Hard way or not.  That is, if you'll listen.

Oh, and I'm a nice person, alright.  Don't you worry about that.  ;)

Steaming streams of shit, guys.  Did you all forget to take your midol?

I am sorry Nik, but this about more then just you now, now others are involved.

This thread has taken on a life of its own (well, it did until Jeff killed it by agreeing with me, which I suspect is a new tactic by him...I must counter somehow...>:D).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all ,

I haven't been around lately because my internet has been cut off in my house and ive been playing poker 24/7 these days.

I used to love this game and was addicted as much as the next guy.

I'd like to get back into playing this game but as traffic went down I never really looked back.

It would be great to get everyone to come online some time and play play play just like the old days ......

The problem for new players coming to this game at the moment is that they will be playing 1 v 1 games and not with all the great players that were around when I played and as often .

Best way to learn is to play 3 v 3s 2 of the so called 'ELITES' and a new guy vs 3 players that will even it out ,

thats what i thought helped me out a lot when I started as RA and DES were usally in my time although they might not have been 'ELITES' they were good guys to help me learn what to do .

Last week I lost $3.2K in 37 mins playing poker which is just digusting luck for me but hey what can you do , Im going on holiday to Tenerife here June 1st with 4 of my m8s and its all payed for via poker , 17 years old and ill never work a day in my life HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Gun if you read this Id like to know how your going at poker and if you've took the jump to play for real money online .

Anyway guys i'll see yous later on fishers hopefully and remember its all about the VITAL FREMEN LOL ojoj

Yours ,

Darren Taylor  ;)