Movies other than Dune

Acriku

Rewatching Rosemary's Baby and realizing that it is pro-choice. Essentially, Rosemary has all of her personal rights taken from her by a misogynistic husband and a group of older (presumably conservative) people in the name of religion. She is raped, mistreated, and ignored for the sake of her potential as a baby incubator. Rosemary's worth has nothing to do with who she is, but what she is.

Once we realize that sex is primarily for reproduction, and secondarily for pleasure -- then we can finally be free.

I don't know, Dante, it's offtopic, granted, but certainly revealing.

Anyway, I should shut up now.

Watched Poison Ivy last night too, not nearly as interesting as I had hoped. It was basically an after-school movie with more explicit sex. And a crappy, crappy soundtrack.

I've always thought after watching "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"... What if the people 'in love' with each other have a venereal disease, and give it to each other, before having their memories erased with the machine. Does the girl wake up one morning, say "What the hell, how did I get the 'clap'"? But it is a fascinating movie to watch.

Once we realize that sex is primarily for reproduction, and secondarily for pleasure -- then we can finally be free.

Once you realize it's none of your business what other people do with their bodies, you might actually be freed yourself.

I'm kinda sorta starting to look forward to Battle Los Angeles in March. :)

(Did you hear that the Dune remake has been cancelled?)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let me know how it is. I just found out it's not going to open over here until April 1. Grrrrrr.

Well, i saw it last night and guess what? I was VERY dissappointed. Seriously, don't watch it, it's fucking awful. It's boring and full of corny sentimentality and cliche characters and dialogue. The editing and camerawork seems to have been made by a 12 year old. After 50 minutes i just wanted the movie to fucking end.

Mi rating : 2

Wow. 'Sucker Punch' was a movie? What a horrible ending! Give me my $7.75 back. Actually $15.50 for 2 tickets.

I dragged my wife to see it, and she is really pissed off. I am going to have to buy the new dishwasher for her now.

I've only seen the preview, but I really hate how far the whole "you only use x-percent of your brain" myth has inundated culture. The scifi part of me wants to see it, but the scifact (?) part of me is muttering angrily in a corner.