Is Dune2000 Online play dead??

rizviah

Hi,

I logged onto Alman after a 4 year hiatus and did not find anyone in the room. Seems like Dune2000 online play is dead. Where are people like Bladez, Fox(s), DLAs, FOHs and others??

I will admit that I too did not do my part by signing off for so long.

No. The community left because it's so difficult to get Dune 2k running correctly. We have to be on 8bit mode, we can't listin to the music, we can't use a router and have a firewall running. This is just to list a few, and I still couldn't get Dune running without lagging. This is why the community left, don't be mistaken.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

sadly it never worked for me i only did practice but that was when i was 7 so i undertsnad alot more now and sadly since i know so much i missed out on so much

.                                                           

• 3 weeks later...

I remembered about Dune and installed it few days ago only to find that, indeed, the community is dead. I have a friend that's still playing it bout I think we'll look toward something else like StarCraft or BattleZone.

After installing an antiquate operationg system and messing with my router to run Dune 2000 I found out that there are only two hard-core players left - trike007 and muis but they like playing each other too much to care using a decent language with other players.

RIP

• 2 weeks later...