Harkoonnen: Emperor Worm

Guys, there is a level (on the campign) when you win on the last battle with the Ordos,

after that, you are getting on a game when you have to kill a big worm before she's waking up,

now, i CANT win in this battle, it is just impossible, i tried 29 times,

I always being defeated.

PLEASE, someone, can you send me a save when you finished this stage with HARKOONNEN?

-or mabye you can tell me how to make my army strong by changing setting of the game or somthing?

MSN Yanay36@hotmail.com

~thanks  :D

here try this.. and next time when u need help in a game ,there things called walkthrough

that u can search at google..

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<  FINAL MISSION                                                        >>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BRIEFING: If the Emperor Worm awakens, all mankind is doomed to eternal

slavery! You must destroy it!

ENEMY: House Harkonnen, House Ordos, Guild, Tleilaxu

As you can tell, you'll be fighting quite a few different fronts here! Start

constructing your base as soon as possible. Deploy your APCs to discover a few

Elite infantry. Send them into the Barracks! You should have enough to train

Elite-ranked Snipers and Kindjal Infantry. Remember this: Elite Snipers are

NOT placed under Guard mode by default! Initiate Guard mode if you actually

want them to attack enemy units when they're close enough to the Snipers.

For the moment, do not disturb the Harkonnen base south of your beginning

position. You will fight them soon enough. Use a mix of Sonic Tanks,

Minotaures, Kindjal, etc. for defenses. Keep some units that are capable of

hitting air targets, as you'll be ambushed by Gunships at times. Guild NIAB

Tanks are another threat. They usually teleport right smack dab in the middle

of your base, so watch yourself!

Eventually, the Atreides Mentat informs you of the Emperor Worm attempting

to awaken. You then have thirty minutes to destroy the worm, or lose the

mission. Use Minotaures to destruct the Tleilaxu turrets on the cliffs and

blaze a path to the worm. Have Projector Tanks clone Fremen Fedaykin (or

whatever else) to help. Ignore the NIAP Flyers you see scattered all over

Creation. They're only drones and do absolutely nothing to both air and ground

units. If you manage to move a sizable force to attack the worm, you should

win.

If you're facing extreme difficulty, here's a tip. Take an Advanced Carryall

and pick up a unit that will be used against the worm. Force move (Alt +

Click) the Carryall to the corner near the Harkonnen base. Proceed to fly it

along the very edge of the map. The Carryall should now be near all of the

Guild Refineries near the worm. Drop off the unit a distance away from the

Emperor Worm, and then attack. Hopefully, you can catch your enemies off guard

and not have to worry about losing your unit. The Guild Mega Cannon will be a

problem. So, either capture/destroy it, or use heavily armored units to attack

(Minotauruses last quite a while). I was able to deplete nearly 1/3 of the

worm's health with only one Minotaurus! Send multiple units in at once to

ensure your hopes of victory!

Easy peasy, I remember how I did it (even though it was 2 years ago)

Simply survive long enough to build an advanced carryall... If you can survive long enough to build two then thats even better... Then transport a Devastator and any other powerful units you have to the Emperor worm... Go though the Tlelaxu base to the West because it hass little or no AA... Drop it off and just blow the Worm away... It may take a few tries but it works

There is a whole thread about this on the strategy boards.

The secret is to initially survive and then build up your forces.

Do not scout beyond the Gap in the rocks that leads to Emperor worm once you go through that gap the Timer Starts.

Take out or capture the base below yours and then you are only attacked from the gap and by the Guild.

Erect turrets and position Sards around your base to take care of the guild. Make plenty of buzz for the telix and scatter some engineers around.

There are many ways to then go to get a victory:- The advance carryalls and devastators

The Huge air assault build about 50 planes at bottom base.

Or my personal favourite the Sard and Fremen Assault group.

The biggest challenge on the end level is to wipe out everything before killing the worm last, as the timer makes this hard but it is possible.

There is a whole thread about this on the strategy boards.

The secret is to initially survive and then build up your forces.

Do not scout beyond the Gap in the rocks that leads to Emperor worm once you go through that gap the Timer Starts.

Take out or capture the base below yours and then you are only attacked from the gap and by the Guild.

Erect turrets and position Sards around your base to take care of the guild. Make plenty of buzz for the telix and scatter some engineers around.

There are many ways to then go to get a victory:- The advance carryalls and devastators

The Huge air assault build about 50 planes at bottom base.

Or my personal favourite the Sard and Fremen Assault group.

The biggest challenge on the end level is to wipe out everything before killing the worm last, as the timer makes this hard but it is possible.

Thanks, you helped me alot!

hey, sorry for double posting -

now i losed for the 36 time

i did everything you told,

but they are just keep coming and coming,

when i send the adv.carryal,with the devistators,

the enemy attacked me while i was flying, and i lost,

second thing, the harvs made the timer working, because the spice got over, and they moved to the other spice which is in the gap, what can i do to stop it?

-please someone can send me a save which he passed this stage,

add me to the msn, and ill send you my save, and youll finish this stage and send me it back, please?

Yanay36@hotmail.com

Fedaykin and dev drop.(if you use dev drop. no use just 1. at least you need to get over 5 advansed carryall, or 5 devs) they are best way to beat the emperor worm.

But you need to defense well till you kill it.(scatter ur trooper near ur base n spice field. it is for against leech and niab) many inkvines will help you get rid of some minotaurs and kobras. and if you can have ix, you can get many replica for ur defense army(duplicated minos or inks they are nice)

I killed it with fremen as well. But the point of the thread was that he wanted a save point after killing the worm. I don't think that's possible.

If we're gonna talk about how we played that mission...I like to capture the guild cannons and use them against the enemy also. Was fun using their own gun against them.

there are many ways to defeat the worm. I even E.I.T.S.'ed this thing once.

about the save: there is no safe point after defeating the worm - it just continues with movie scenes and then the game is over.

• 2 weeks later...

just built a defence right before the bottleneck (?) in front of ur base. ....and grew up with ur base...than its so easy. u can built a bunch of frems OR a bunch of airplanes OR a bunch of carrys with devs....they all will kill the worm easy and fast with no risk. just watch the way of ur planes....dont fly over turrets...hehe, but there will be place enough on the side.

its easier to deffend that bottleneck with atreides and ordos coz of minos and kobras, but its no problem with hark 2, u just need to use ur mouse a lil bit more...

and if u did it, than start again, and try to kill ALL ENEMYS befor u kill the worm, thats finaly the most fun...well, i never did this with hark, but with ordos....but i killed the worm with all houses....mission complete

• 2 weeks later...

Just had some ADP's and MachineGunTurrets watch the base incase of a guild NIAB invasion.

I just survived long enough to set up a small devestator, ADP, and inkvine defense at the funnel in front of the base. Had an engineer watch behind them incase of leech larva.

After that, I wiped out the minor base to the WEST with a good number of mixed assault tanks and buzzsaws.

Once that was done, slowly advanced the devestators, ADP's, and inkvines to crush the tlexaxu base. (While destroying whatever living turrets i could reach.)

Up to a certain point of advancement (after passing and destroying the minor base to the EAST) the damn thing gives you a time limit to kill the worm.

From there, i bombed the major base here and there with death hand, gunships, and micromanaged devestator airdrops.

Also airdropped a few devestators in the eastern windtrap area.

I cleared the map in about 1-2 hours? (been a long time since i did this.)

OR

At the start of the battle, deploy your MCV, leave your devestators to watch it, run your remaining forces to head straight for the worm, deploying your Ix Duplicator to the RIGHT SIDE of the worm, have it duplicate flametanks or assault tanks to attack the worm, and WATCHING YOUR REMAINING FORCES BY RADAR, tell a small group of them to stop in order to provide fodder for your flames and assault tanks to reach the worm.

This works ALMOST all the time.

• 6 months later...

I could not figure out the Emperor Worm. The voice says at some time: Use the Engineers ... but how to get them through? If you attack Ordos at South right away, they are already guarded, and if you use a lot of time building up your base, you are attacked, and the Ordos base gets stronger...

Well, I used some of the hints posted here, and solved it quickly (about 7 minutes normal speed) as follows: First start the base in the upper corner of the rock, add refinery (+upgrades), and a factory. Make a good portion of buzzsaws and some tanks to protect against the first attacks. Make a hangar, upgrade, and make two Advanced Carry-alls. Now save the game. Then take an empty Adv. Carryall and use it as a 'scout' and try to find a way without anti-air to the 'nose' of the Emperor Worm. For instance first South, then South East. If you lose the Adv. Carry-all, begin again from the saved point. When you have found a safe route, start from the saved point and take a Devastator along and drop it in front of the Emperor Worm's nose. There are no units to protect it at this moment. Get another Devastator with the other Carry-all. Bring it the same way to the Worm. Now with both Devastators launch an attack on the worm, and within a short time, it dies. Easy, but I don't understand how people can do it the 'slow' way ...

Guys, there is a level (on the campign) when you win on the last battle with the Ordos,

after that, you are getting on a game when you have to kill a big worm before she's waking up,

now, i CANT win in this battle, it is just impossible, i tried 29 times,

I always being defeated.

PLEASE, someone, can you send me a save when you finished this stage with HARKOONNEN?

-or mabye you can tell me how to make my army strong by changing setting of the game or somthing?

MSN Yanay36@hotmail.com

~thanks  :D

There are easy ways and hard ways... I haven't figured it out the hard way (can any one help here??), but the easy way is something like this: quickly build a refinery and upgrades, a factory, some buzzsaws and tanks to defend against the first attacks, and then a hangar, upgrade, and an advanced carryall or two. Then save the game. Use the Adv. Carry-all as a 'scout' to find a route to the head of the worm without too much anti air craft. E.g. go south then south-east. If you lose the carryall, then start from the saving point again. When you have the route, pick up a Devastator or two, bring them to the Worm's head, and fire - finished in 7 minutes or less ...

I usually send caryall with devastator to destroy the guild cannon. I try build the harkonnen palace quickly, and nuking the worm, before I send perhaps one or two more devastators to destroy the worm.

As soon as you are able to build devastators I would suggest only building them and advanced carryalls. They are excellent for everything.

• 1 month later...

I killed it with Projections.

I killed it with Projections... by rushing it with my starting units. The trick is to deploy your MCV and build walls around it so your "base" survives the enemy attacks long enough.

I only tried this on Easy though.