i cant get emp to work

clam74

i looked arounf and found quite a few of these threads . i basically wne through all the threads here and on a few other sites and couldnt get the game to work . i got amd64x2 with win xp pro sp2 and a x1950pro vid card with 7.1 drivers. i tryed the different compatibility modes and it wont work. i only have the install disc and the harkonen disc as i cannot find the game case. i got the 1.9 patch but the problem is that i installed the game and when i double click the shortcut it pops up the emp screen but instead of going into the game it minimizes and i lose my mouse so i have to reboot .

anyhow if some 1 could help it would be great if not thanks anyways

If i'm understanding right that happens to me , I jsut ctrl+alt delete end task of emp and then run it again and it works fine.

Someone else (Guns?) mentioned this happens since Internet Explorer 7 was installed on his machine.

Same for me HOWEVER you must give Emp time to load the little icon on the taskbar before you ALT+CNTRL+DEL and then end Emperor application as if you are too early you have to kill the GAME.EXE process (sometimes TWICE) before the PC unlocks from EMP.

Can users who experience this confirm that they now have IExplorer 7, and those that dont have the problem say whether they have IExplorer 7 or not.

Someone else (Guns?) mentioned this happens since Internet Explorer 7 was installed on his machine.

Same for me HOWEVER you must give Emp time to load the little icon on the taskbar before you ALT+CNTRL+DEL and then end Emperor application as if you are too early you have to kill the GAME.EXE process (sometimes TWICE) before the PC unlocks from EMP.

Can users who experience this confirm that they now have IExplorer 7, and those that dont have the problem say whether they have IExplorer 7 or not.

is 5 mins enought? i mean how long does it take to load

max 30 secs.

The mini icon in the taskbar only appers if you load from CD - if using shortcut wait 15-30 secs then alt+cntrl+del, if you get up application = DUNE NOT Responding, you can kill it, but if its not present you have alt+cntrl+del too quick and will need to find game.exe and emperor.exe in processes and kill that way.

Its a pain - I wish I could confirm its IE7 and then get rid of that.

is 5 mins enought? i mean how long does it take to load

Have you tried to NoCD Patch ?? Just a wild random shot with a blindfold on while unbalanced on one leg and falling clutching bags of shopping...(you get the idea :P)