Now we can tell about it.

pearlmen

We have lots of discussed about harvie drop.It even or unfair. black zone trick is only illegal cheating everyone have agreed.

Now we can talk about them.( its not illegal but most annoying tatics)what do you think most annoying tatic of them.

Let me write in order myself to get me annoyed

1.engineer drop(westwood should have patched for a engineer get a building that it even never damaged

2.harvie theif(thats why advansed carryall abused recently)

3.guild rush(5 subs are all good but why niab so powerful? ::)

The stealing of your harvies and placing them in a walled area, with just enough air defence to kill the carryalls that come to retrieve them but positioned so as not to destroy the harvies. Jeff used to do this on occasion to me. Makes you realise just how bad you really are.

The high cost was supposed to be prohibitive but it isn't nowadays as players are ten times better at getting and maintaining good spice production.

Engineer drops, what can you say.. it keeps us all honest and on our toes but it can be damned annoying.

i get really pissed of when someone does an advanced carryal& APC with engies attack, captures a few buildings.. AND START BUILDING F*CKING WALLS IN MY BASE. and after a while there are like 10 towers in ur base if u don't pay attention...

man...

i really hate that...

for other stuff...

- getting owned by leaches

- getting owned by airdrones

i know it's pretty easy to defend urself vs both... but when ur not prepared... and u get owned... IT'S SH!T...

especially with airdrones...

carryal under attack

harvester under attack

carryal under attack

carryal under attack

carryal under attack

harvester under attack

WAAAAAAARGH !!  >:(

lol now this is sweet,

i guess im guilty of #2, but thats just me 'experimenting' (thx gun) with some sorta anti harv dropper strats :/  ,not that im against it in any way..

i gotta say i dispise fedaykin hiding up behind ur buildings in black as invalid targets till they destroy it and make room..or heavily realying on subhouse units,when im attempting to play seriously

engis,  hmm very c&c 1 style...it may be better as red alert 1 (that is the structure needs to be critical before it can be captured) but i've got no real problems with them..unless.....

your hark, and they start using walls :(

WALLS!! :P they gotta be the only thing hark cannot stop due to a lack of a good aoe weapon besides the devastator (which is almost useless in effect) ---imo they should be only used as barricades or 'walls' not 'bases'    but some ppl wil play with cheese i spose :|

the more than 2 ally structure/unit transfer ?restriction? pisses me off royally everytime without fail..

harv drops, i love em, gives me an excuse to make carryals and sp tech :}    and yet so many hate it, but after 5 years i'd say this would hafto be a pretty old 'tactic' that falls into the tried and tested bag of tricks,  and yet, very few think its fair thus you dont use it..

sound familiar? :/ coughcorrinotrooperscoughatrediespalacespecialtrooperscoughsuper unitslikeniabnotproperlybalancedcoughcoughgamewasntfinishedthankstoeacoughgg  funny thread tho ;)

There are some bugs that i've noticed some of them.

1.Geese dont fire at air units in a case, even they can fire(like a turret bug)

they often dont do  it when you use ctrl+shift

2.While I play games, have you ever experianced that you couldn't make any units?(its not unit limit)

3.Gunships or ornis fire thier last missile, and they stick in a place.

and I have one that I dont know about chaos storm.

When ordos do chaos storm to air force, drones fight one another, but gunships or ornis just land and just freeze till the storm effect finish. Is it a bug or not?(you know maybe you read the manual that chaos make the units fight even enemy or not.)

And lets not forget the flame tank bug.  ;) Now thats an exploit big time if you have never heard or knew about it,  hell I once burned a guys windtraps at his base from a single flame tank at my base it was funny. Of course we all know about it, but the noobs dont.

the thing is it gets used quite a lot of the time actually,

but more indirectly than the single unit mm crisis..

ive even seen lasers that can hit carryals(harv)

in the air after they go for the 'attack' script,

as well as a number of other units

and flame could be used for aa as well

strangely with that same glitchy effect...

they just keep firing! :P, similar to the way the

nuke radiation can hit air units if they hover over it :/

and theres one other bug involving a particular house and a particular sub unit  ::)

its my personal favourite glitch but its not easy to set it up,

try guess what it is :) heres a hint, You need full tech...

and no its not my patented little 'de-shield'(

• 2 months later...

There are some bugs that i've noticed some of them.

and I have one that I dont know about chaos storm.

When ordos do chaos storm to air force, drones fight one another, but gunships or ornis just land and just freeze till the storm effect finish. Is it a bug or not?(you know maybe you read the manual that chaos make the units fight even enemy or not.)

The difference is that Ornithopters have code to determine maximum number of missiles before reload, and otherwise are "ground based" so loss of control (thru chaos or air-based deviator) puts them on the ground. ADP's have a "ADF = True" statement and "Holdback = True" these two mean that it is "air based" and thus under loss of control continues to fly...

Was not aware of the long-range flametank bug, though once when I removed the flame-effect and used a multi-pulsed dev bullet it was incredible how it and the minotaur can fire directly behind themselves once the front target is destroyed!

Another bug is Homing = True with fast missiles which can fly across the map after units (like carryalls)!

As for the nuke radiation - any unit on or above the "splash damage area" will be affected as they would if the inkvine poison_b bullet did more than harm infantry. Splat bullets dont have an anti-air function defined as standard - though it might be worth trying out...

• 4 weeks later...

when i was around I done a lot of engie drops , everyone knew i done it alot and was always aware and watching me which made it less effective and engie drops arent all that hard to stop as long as your paying attention and watching the map which is 1 of the most improtant things to do in this game . sell 1 building kill the engies with the infantry from the base very quick and effective .

my engie drops won me some very important and tight games back in the day so actually would see engie dropping as a fair tactic as you have to tech up alot and it costs quite  a bit and when your carryall gets shot down its all money/effort lost for nothing .

my engie drops won me some very important and tight games back in the day so actually would see engie dropping as a fair tactic as you have to tech up alot and it costs quite  a bit and when your carryall gets shot down its all money/effort lost for nothing .

Implying if you had not won the games then you would have considered it to be an unfair tactic...

Let an old veteran specify all the things we hate about emp, wether it are bugs, or exploits, since none of it can really be called cheating, due to the fact they are the consequence of never patched bugs (Thx EA).

Here's the bug list.

1. Airdrone waypoint exploit (same goes for adp's, gunships, and every other flying unit)

2. Flamer exploit ( will not go into details ;-) )

3. Worm Exploit (ever seen 40 worms pop up simultaneously? )

4. Gunship rocket exploit (same goes for AA turrets, works bit the same as the flamer bug, and the same can be done using ADP's)

There are some more, I dont recall at the moment, but those were  most primed for abuse.

The Annoying Stuff.

1. harvies gone berserk. Ever looked upon your spicefield, noticing you're running low on cash while you have 3 full refs up and running, only to discover your harvies are spinning around like idiots? Cause: one harv is standing still on the 'spicebump' that doesn't generate spice anymore.

2. Losing planes due to the fact they remain idle on the spot where they fired the last missile

(solution : make enough landing pads, pearl :-P )

3. Selecting your units, tap T twice, and find out later there was a harv among them who are now all headed for the enemy's heavy units wich are all too happy to wreck all your cash earners

4. Planes getting stuck in front of hangar (will happen eventually if you do not set a waypoint away from hangar)

5. Changing primary fac, and get a slower build rate at the other( the queue 'freezes' for a second at the end of the production before rolling out of the fac)

6. Stupid allies that yell: ' I'm goin fac first!' and then sit at their base with their units doing nothing.

The Lame Section.

Well walls and harvdrops are the obvious things to point at, and some lame strats aswell, like in the old days the gazrush, buzz/gaz rush, buzz/engie rush, bike/engies etc etc etc Though it was hilarious if you could pull it off at other ppl. I know gunny got quite some ppl with buzz/engies, and so have I. Funny stuff lol

Well thats all folks

Greetz Doom