The Old Timers' Notice Board

Edric O

• 2 months later...

Good to see you, sir!

Hypothetically at least.

Things have been a bit slow here of late, especially in fanfiction. But we soldier on, somehow. I do hope the insanity that made you want to be a teacher doesn't get any worse. Or maybe if it does, that will make it more bearable?

Wow, how long has it been? Good to see you back! What are you teaching?

I've just started teaching (college-level) last autumn. I found that as long as I act like I know what I'm doing, everything else just sort of follows by itself. Grading, on the other hand...

Wow, how long has it been? Good to see you back! What are you teaching?

I've just started teaching (college-level) last autumn. I found that as long as I act like I know what I'm doing, everything else just sort of follows by itself. Grading, on the other hand...

Hey Edric,

Behavioral psych. It's full of win. Grading is made much easier with blackboard, or other online tools, though actually assigning grades can be a pain.

• 2 months later...

Today marks 10 years since I first registered on this forum. Wow... I can't believe it has been that long. At the risk of sounding all nostalgic, I must say I'm emotionally attached to this place. I feel like I've grown up alongside the Fed2k community (if you've been here since the beginning, you know what I mean).

I remember two years ago thinking that I should try to reach 10,000 posts by 17 April 2010, so that I would have ten thousand posts to mark my first ten years here. Obviously, I didn't get anywhere near that goal. But 7733 posts isn't bad either. :)

Today marks 10 years since I first registered on this forum. Wow... I can't believe it has been that long. At the risk of sounding all nostalgic, I must say I'm emotionally attached to this place. I feel like I've grown up alongside the Fed2k community (if you've been here since the beginning, you know what I mean).

I remember two years ago thinking that I should try to reach 10,000 posts by 17 April 2010, so that I would have ten thousand posts to mark my first ten years here. Obviously, I didn't get anywhere near that goal. But 7733 posts isn't bad either. :)

Only ten years?  Pff.  Newbie.  Talk to me when you've been here 10 and 1/2 - 11 years. :P

Happy Registration Day!  Does anybody have a cake?

• 1 month later...

Hey gryph, gob, mahdi! Two years? Damn. Finishing college and working on my sunshine state tan haha. Read a lot of books and still spreading the Dune gospel when I can ;)

Anything life changing that happened with you guys?

lol sup wolf, yeah got one semester left hopefully and it'll all be over. It's been crazy because this one group I hang out with go out every night but we always somehow make it to class in the morning. How many classes I show up still drunk can be seen in my gpa  :-X But it's a blast!

Gotta tell you though man, UCF is not known for its Dune fanboyism. But man the girls make up for it.  ;D

And by UCF you mean... University of Central Florida? Yeah, I bet they definitely make up for it. I hadn't realized you were so young, Crix: I graduated two years ago and go to law school now. It seemed to be the only way I could participate in society.

Haha dante, gotta love you man. What did you graduate with?

wolf, yep central florida! To be fair though, this is my 7th year lol. Had to take a break to save up money for like two years. Super senior anyone?

Any Gunwounds or emprworm to be had? I see TMA has logged on recently, miss ya man!

Acriku! We thought you were gone forever! It's good to see you back. I guess this will make that whole "who will be the first to surpass Acriku's post count" contest more interesting. ;)

Gunwounds has sadly vanished without a trace. Emprworm returned at one point, but then got himself banned for being even more outrageously offensive than usual.